Quitting Trainz-But maybe not forever

jammydodger

Hi all, I would like to sadly announce that I am quitting Trainz. At least until there is a version which will at least run on my computers without crashing every 20 minutes. This causes me great frustration and I hate it, so I don't want to waste my time so I could do something better.

Last edited:
Took the time to check your posts back to July 2008 , never saw a post where you requested help with TRS crashing ?

See Ya , :wave: --- ,DLR

Last edited:
Hi all, I would like to sadly announce that I am quitting Trainz. At least until there is a version which will at least run on my computers without crashing every 20 minutes. This causes me great frustration and I hate it, so I don't want to waste my time so I could do something better.

Farewell comment: Long version

Please, please, please do not leave. You will be missed by everyone in the Community. Do re-think your feelings about leaving, Trainz will be better and your frustration and hate will subside. You will not be wasting any more of your precious time and all will be good.

Please, please, please do not leave.

Farewell comment: Short version

Bye. I respect your decision to leave and look forward to your return.

Note to self: Add popcorn to shopping list.

Have fun, be safe.

Took the time to check your posts back to July 2008 , never saw a post where you requested help with TRS crashing ?

See Ya , --- ,DLR

I understand that, but still, I see no point in trying any more, or at least till I find a decent new Trainz game which is actually stable on at least my best computer. I'm sorry I have to do this, but, I don't want to waste my time any more.
:wave: :wave: :wave: :( :( :( :wave: :wave: :wave:
:cool:

I'll send you a brand new, never been opened or registered copy of 2004, (before patches) if you stay. I mean it. You have to pay for shipping, of course, otherwise it will be of no cost to you.

This is an odd farewell. All the machines won't take Trainz? As has been pointed out here the starter of this thread has never asked for support at any time. When I have had zilches I am certainly not too proud to ask on the forums even if it sounds elementary. I like Trainz too much not to have use of it. This excellent programme to me beats MTS as it gives me the not very techy to builds things I couldn't do with Microsoft. It was good enough for Euphod to offer what he did but why not tell us what is happening ever time trhying to use Trainz is a cul-de-sac?

I hope this is not another one of these "if enough people beg me to stay" threads, "I'll stay"
If so, bye and all the very best in whatever you pursue !!!!

Alternatively your "crashing every twenty minutes" problem might be easily solvable with you taking the time out too give the community as much details as possible about your "every 20 mins crashes" & your full computer spec's...
The answer to your crashing problem maybe a very simple one !!!!!
Cheers Mac... :eek:

Oh so true....when I first started with TRS2004, I was really getting frustrated with all of the crashing. I searched the forums and figured out how graphically demanding this sim was, updated my video driver and have never looked back.
The problem could be very simple.
Mike

My computer crashed constantly when I first got this game (TRS 2006). I still have the same old computer, but years later with updated video drivers and a lot more memory, Trainz runs like a dream. No problems ever. Wish I'd thought to come on this forum and ask for help back in 2006.

Yep, my computer has crashed on several occassions, in fact, I've given up with it now and getting a new one, so, if you have the dosh jammydodger have a look at upgrading your computer, or parts of it, so Trainz will run flawlessly....

And don't be shy, stating simple facts with your technical problems will help us in giving you the best suggestions....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

Note to self: Add popcorn to shopping list.
Why did you write that, aardvark1?

68416045_wGDPMlLK_popcorn.gif

Well, I'm really not sure whether I want to bother with posting info and everything like that, seeing as I've already uninstalled Trainz, and have got some other games to play anyway...
And no, it's not one of those "I'll stay if you want" things.

Scratch that! Yoshicool has convinced me to take Trainz up again (after a day :hehe: :hehe: ) So thanks for all your support! (But I never usually bear quitting anything for more than a few days! :D :hehe: )
:wave: Hellooooooo again!

Absence? What absence!? Oh.... that's see out of the blindfold in the back of <insert name of high ranking Auran person as a joke here>'s car!

Back