Putting Logo on Train

masdixon

I downloaded the Standard 1st Class Sleeper Coach
184151:50524:1

It says it has a Blank logoboard lets you place your own logo and/or your own Rail Road name onto them. And to Look for the iplogo.tga in your coach folder to modify.

How exactly would I put a logo into this?

Several steps involved.
1) find the object in Content Manager and clone it so you have a permanent copy
2) Open the clone for edit in explorer
3) ensure the file in question is indeed a TGA - 2009 usually converts tga to an internal .texture format (not texture.txt). If it is a .texture file a converter is supplied with 2009 - convert it before proceeding.
4) open the tga file using Paint Shop Pro, Photo Shop, the Gimp or just about any other graphics program that support TGA and preferably layers as well
5) Open your logo file with the same program so you have to windows open inside the graphics editor
6) Use the select tool to select the logo for the 2nd file
7) Paste the logo into the place holder on the 1st file.
8) resize the pasted image until it fits (you may have to do this before the copy/paste if the logo is currently larger than the place holder).
9) Save the place holder file but not the original logo file (you want to preserve it for future reference)
10) Close the explorer window
11) commit the change
12) check the asset in Railyard for proper display.

hope this is detailed enough for you. If not let me know.

Have Fun

Brian

thanks, im afraid i do not have photoshop or any program like that, thank you so much for the fast and very helpful response however!

thanks, im afraid i do not have photoshop or any program like that, thank you so much for the fast and very helpful response however!

paint.net works as well as GIMP, both are free, if you use gimp then delete the alpha channel before saving and take off any compression of .tga

Cheerio John

Back