Project Western

Well Fudd, one of the reasons why the locos took so long to be released was the fact that I was trying to find suitable oil tenders, becase from the very little research on WP steamers that I could find they didn't use Vanderbuilts.

Secondly, the numbering. The reason for the un-prototypical numbering was becase, using the few photos I could find, the 2-8-2s were close enough in appearance to give them numbers that was held by real WP 2-8-2s. The 4-8-2s on the other hand were not very alike, so I added new numbers to them, the last WP steamer's numbering started with a 4 IIRC, so I just added a 'new' class of 4-8-2s that the WP bought second hand from the USRA or FEC. This idea is entirely fictional.

Timo

Last edited:
"Fred"?? looks like your spel chucker got ya.:hehe:

Most WP oil tenders looked very much like coal tenders from the side. I have the book "Western Paific Locomotives and Cars" and it includes side drawings of probably all WP tenders from the side, including demensions.

By using your WP coal tenders attached to already existing non WP locos, I now have "WP" 2-8-0, 4-6-0 and 2-8-8-2 as well as the 2-8-2 and 2-8-4 you supplied. I can use them with 0-6-0s but they are a bit large for that.

Is there a UP Chalenger? WP had identical Chalengers. The right WP tender would make these WP.
Is some one making a new, improved SP GS4? I hope they make a WP version. The WP Lima GS-64-77s were so close to the SP design that they were known as " almost Daylights"

Fudd

"Fred"?? looks like your spel chucker got ya.:hehe:

Most WP oil tenders looked very much like coal tenders from the side. I have the book "Western Paific Locomotives and Cars" and it includes side drawings of probably all WP tenders from the side, including demensions.

By using your WP coal tenders attached to already existing non WP locos, I now have "WP" 2-8-0, 4-6-0 and 2-8-8-2 as well as the 2-8-2 and 2-8-4 you supplied. I can use them with 0-6-0s but they are a bit large for that.

Is there a UP Chalenger? WP had identical Chalengers. The right WP tender would make these WP.
Is some one making a new, improved SP GS4? I hope they make a WP version. The WP Lima GS-64-77s were so close to the SP design that they were known as " almost Daylights"

Fudd

Lilb is making a new GS-4, so a GS-64 is quite possible to reskin. There has been much updating that I can come across, but my bet is that it hopefully won't be too much longer.

Timo

Hi all,

It has come to my attention that Trainz is lacking quite alot in the Western Pacific RR department, so, why not pick up the challenge of filling the gaps.
Firstly, if you'd like a look at what's been done so far, you can check out this trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrNGFEOMBe8

As for what is in the shops, here's a peak:

In the F7 catergory there is 1 in Pumkin liveryand 2 Freight livery (second unit and B unit not pictured pictured) as well as 2 FP7 (second unit and B unit not pictured)
F71.jpg

In the SD9 department, I have a series of no less than 7 units, 3 clean (#700, 705, 706) and 3 in varying shades of whethering (#701, 702 and 704)
The paint schemes and number belong to the GP7's that ran on the WP but with a lacking of 'to-date' GP7 models avalible, I've used Ben Neals SD9s. They work just as well
SD91.jpg

The WP was one of the first railroads to use diesel locomotives, so steam on the WP vanished earlier than its rivals, yet I have been able to make some 'Protolanced' steam locos based on Ben Neal's USRA 2-8-2 and 4-8-2. The Mikado's wear real numbers whilst the 4-8-2's wear fictional numbers (IIRC the last number for a WP steamer was 499)
USRA2-8-21.jpg

USRA4-8-21.jpg

I am also looking into rollingstock. (boxcars, bulkheads, cabooses etc) although the main focus here is locomotives. I know there are some payware WP GP's over at RRmods but I do hope to create loco's of a similar quality (reskins only) as freeware, with all credits going to the original owers of the models (in this case Ben Neal and Justin Cornell)

If there are any quiries, thoughts, comments or requests, please leave a message here or via PM, or if you wish to help any any way, please let me know, and we can can then expand the Western Pacific in Trainz.

Cheers
Timo
how do I get them to work

1. Welcome to the Forums.

2. It's not a good idea to "bump", or post in a topic that's this old (the post before yours was from 2011, more than five years ago).

3. It's not usually a good idea to quote pictures.

4. We'll probably need some more information on your issue. What's the problem with them? What version of Trainz 12 are you running?

how do I get WP F7 working I am missing one thing

Can you explain your problem in more detail? Also, if you quote a post with pictures, it would be a good idea if you replace the pictures with something like -pictures removed-. Other people here don't like pictures being quoted, but I just ignore them and move on.

Back