Problem with selecting 'New Posts'

jhatchman

When I logged onto the Forum and select New Posts I receive the following vBulletin Message 'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.'

This occured a couple of week ago. I can select the Threads but not by selecting New Posts. I have installed 2010 on a new computer about a month ago which came with internet explorer 9 and it was working for the first couple of weeks

When I access the Forum using a different computer with internet explorer 8 and it works fine
Can anyone advise me how I can fix this problem

Thanks

Jeff

I had the same issue after installing IE 9. After putting IE8 back on I still can't use IE for forum access.
Someone mentioned deleting the bing toolbar worked for them.

Have you tried other browsers such as Firefox or Chrome? I've found many times that some things only work correctly on IE, such as a system I manage where I work, and other things render themselves better on Firefox. Much of the time it depends on how the code is written.

Have you tried other browsers such as Firefox or Chrome? I've found many times that some things only work correctly on IE, such as a system I manage where I work, and other things render themselves better on Firefox. Much of the time it depends on how the code is written.

I'm using firefox until I sort IE out. All the favourites except this forum work correctly.

The problem is specific to IE9 - since I upgraded mine (to the full version) it happens.

Users of other web browsers and earlier versions of IE should not be affected.

I am seeing if I can find a solution.

Shane

EDIT: For some reason, mine has started to work again, but I think you have to access the forums directly for it to work correctly (as well as being logged in) - I found that it seems to work after replying to a post.

Last edited:
Bing Toolbar shouild be uninstalled ... and IE9 update should be removed and you should go back to IE8 (and hide the IE9 update, untill it has fix's, if ever).

I'm not sure if the problem is exactly due to IE9, as mine is working correctly at the moment when logged in, but I will agree with you regarding the Bing toolbar.

Shane

NOTE: Check your settings at the bottom - mine is set to Last Post time, Descending, from the Beginning.

EDIT: The Today's posts option under Quick Links is not working properly for me.

EDIT - Possible Solution:

This solution will reduce security on IE9, but it will allow the New Posts/Today's Posts etc features to work.

To apply:

1.Click Tools, then Internet Options.
2.Click Security.
3.Untick the 'Protected Mode' box, then click OK.
4.Restart Internet Explorer - you will get a warning regarding Protected mode.

The alternative is to add the forums (forums.auran.com) to the Trusted Sites list (step 3)

Shane

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the problem is exactly due to IE9, as mine is working correctly at the moment when logged in, but I will agree with you regarding the Bing toolbar.

Shane

NOTE: Check your settings at the bottom - mine is set to Last Post time, Descending, from the Beginning.

EDIT: The Today's posts option under Quick Links is not working properly for me.

I cant find the wretched bing toolbar to delete it. It's not in the installed list.

Back