Problem with ICE Train

Rotlaum

I just bought the Trainz Railway Simulator yesterday and having played it for a few hours last evening, I have to say that I really enjoy driving the trains.

However, I'm experiencing a problem with the ICE trains. It seems that I'm unable to move the trains. I've released the brakes and increased the throttle to the maximum, but the ICE trains still remain stationary and do not move at all. What can I do to get the trains to start moving? Is there some other additional brake that I must release as well? Or have I forgotten some engine procedure? Thank you.

No, I've not switched the reverser lever to forward. Which key must I press in order to do that? Why must the reverser lever be switched to forward?

It must be switched forward to tell the train that you want to move forward. It's like reversing the reverse lever, or something like that.

Ok, I managed to successfully start the train moving, but after a while, it starts to beep for a few times, then the brake is automatically engaged and the throttle is reduced to zero by itself. I also hear some German message. What is going on? Why is this happening?

What your hearing is "Zwangsbremsung", which is German for emergency brake (duh:hehe:), since the 50's most electric and diesel locomotives have this device fitted. You do need to watch your speed though, here in Germany we don't use the imperial system, we do metric. If your mad enough to use metric just hit G when your in driver and the measurements will change.

WileeCoyote:D

"Zwangsbremsung", which is German for emergency brake

Sorry, it is not.
'emergency brake' would be 'Notbremse' in German

(not knowing what Zwangsbremse is in English though)

Norbert

Thank you very much Andyz, SVAndrei, poppins122325, WileeCoyote, and switchdoc for your replies and help. I appreciate it a lot.

If I were to drive the ICE train within the speed limit, I would never ever encounter this situation again? Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry, it is not.
'emergency brake' would be 'Notbremse' in German

(not knowing what Zwangsbremse is in English though)

Norbert

Literally translated, it means "Compulsive Break" which I assume is the same as Emergency Break.

Back