Power Blackout - Now Trainz Doesn't Work!

Ryan_McC

Morning all

I"ve just suffered a quick power blackout while I was working in Content Manager and now when I try to launch trainz, a fatal error message comes up over the launcher so I can't do anything. It looks like this...

File: .\TrainzLog.cpp
Line: 52
Class: Trainz Error
Reason: DateManager::Instance>datamanger not initialised
No call stack available

...and when you get rid of that message & try to click on an option, nothing happens. The only way to get rid of the launcher screen is CTRL+ALT+DEL.

If ANYONE knows how to correct this, I'd very much appreciate the help. I did a back up a couple of weeks ago but I've done a lot of work since then (for any NZ'ers reading, I was on the "home straight" to Upper Hutt - no more difficult terrain, etc to build:'( ).

Ryan

Sometimes ignoring the error notice...and hitting the RED "X" box does the trick.

Blank out your password & username in "Options"...save as blank...exit Trainz...restart Trainz...Re-Enter username and password...save...exit Trainz...restart Trainz. Sometimes this kickstarts Trainz all over again fresh.

Ouch, I suppose that Windows also complained about not being shutdown properly? I would do a quick system check, especially on any other files / programs that were open at the time. This would also be a good time to consider a UPS. Doesn't have to be very big, just big enough to give you time to do a controlled shutdown to avoid problems like this.

Thanks for the help guys. I had someone look at it that who knows much more about computers than me and he got it to work somehow - with nothing lost! Phew. Will be backing up again tonight.

Ryan

Thanks for the help guys. I had someone look at it that who knows much more about computers than me and he got it to work somehow - with nothing lost! Phew. Will be backing up again tonight.

Ryan

Ryan,

I'm glad to hear that your machine is up and running. Please get a UPS - an uninterruptable power supply. This is a battery unit that plugs into the mains in between your PC and monitor. When the power has power-out, the device alarms and the built-in battery will give you time to shutdown your PC. A brown-out will simply be filled in for the few seconds that it happens. The end-result of having a UPS is that it'll keep your PC and monitor from frying.

Good luck,

John

Back