Possible to Change an Author's Bogies in Config. ?

ClintClassic

Known for Nothin' but Gab
[Moderator. Please feel free to move this Thread if not in its proper locale.]

Hey guys. (Like many) I love Majekear infinite assortment of rail cars; to-which there are many on my routes. However there are some cars with early build numbers, that he had never gotten 'round to updating. (Among others) all his "stock cars" (except for one B&O, and a UP); and a "State of Maine" car. My question however centers around the bogies of these rail cars. Is it possible for a layman -such as myself- to change the bogies in the config. w/o causing issues from arising within the TaNE program itself? If so, how do I change and place these changes within the config. ? [Of course, it would be for my own personal use. I would never upload any of these changes.]

I am interested in changing all trucks to Cloakedghost275's "70 Ton Roller Bearing truck" which Majekear used in his later B&O and UP build. This may seem a silly question but, do the wheels come with the bogies? :confused: And what about brake hoses? Thanks guys in advance! :)

Yes you can change them very easily by changing the bogey kuid reference to another one.

There may or may not be an issue with the height and centering, which you might have to fiddle with. I can't remember the exact tag for those settings. You might want to check the Wiki for an example.

Yes you can change them very easily by changing the bogey kuid reference to another one.

There may or may not be an issue with the height and centering, which you might have to fiddle with. I can't remember the exact tag for those settings. You might want to check the Wiki for an example.

To correct a bogey position use the "position" tag Format is "position x,y,z" the x, y, and z values can be either a positive or a negative number with decimals.

Hey thanks JCitron, and Bill69!!! :) Very much appreciated! For the stock cars, I can use Majekear's "B&O" as reference; and the "State of Maine" w/ another car similar. If I have problems, I will be sure to let you guys know. Thanks again! ;)

Back