portal use

tapie

Hello
I know trains go through portal and dissappear. I wish to find out how you can set up to have them return via a portal. Not talking about sending trains from one computer to another but as it says a powerful off map tool. Cant seem to find the info in the manual. There is layout in 2006 santafe trains where they come out of a portal??

any help welcome thankyou Tapie

If you use the (?) button in the scenery tab and click on a portal this will bring up a dialogue box which will allow you to set the parameters for producing or returning trains. Just click on the "Accept trains" and "Produce trains" boxes and more options will appear.

Also worth checking out the "Portal Timetable Rule" and "Quick Portal Manager V2" - Author "pGuy" they are on the DLS. I think you will also need "Quick Portal Manager stack library".

portal

thankyou for the help with Portals. Have mastered now . One other prob is the locos come out the wrong way round. Ok with doublehead locos so can you set me on the right track with this please.

Thanks Tapie

Two heads always better than one :hehe:

........One other prob is the locos come out the wrong way round......

When a loco goes into a portal at the head of a train it should come out the same (right) way round and at the head of the train.

I have not tried this with just a loco on it's own - but if a loco on it's own is the problem then it's probably to do with the way the loco is placed in surveyor (the red/green arrows) try reversing this in surveyor.

If it's coming out under control of one of the rules and it's a consist then a similar thing applies - the consist must be "built" with the red/green arrows in the correct direction.

loco from portal

thankyou for the help with Portals. Have mastered now . One other prob is the locos come out the wrong way round. Ok with doublehead locos so can you set me on the right track with this please.

Thanks Tapie

Two heads always better than one :hehe:

I am arranging the consists in DRIVER only under the emit train rule. So It sounds as though I need to make up in surveyor???

I am arranging the consists in DRIVER only under the emit train rule. So It sounds as though I need to make up in surveyor???

I don't use that rule so I can't help you with any detail about it. I suggest you experiment with making up the consists in surveyor, saving them, and then using the saved consists in driver. Try making variations of the same consist with the red/green arrors pointing different ways and see if that does the trick.

Back