Port Ogden TS12 MULTIPLAYER New Route

colourlight

Port Ogden TS12 MULTIPLAYER is now on the DLS. This is my version of Philskene,s Port Ogden & Northern TS12. All the mainline has been relaid with Bullhead track with UK 3 aspect signalling. Most of the single line sections have been doubled and the line is signalled for left hand driving. THere is, of course, a lot of interactive industries producing a wide range of products from cows to camper vans. The locomotives initially, are from a number of countries but mainly the US. Likewise the rolling stock is almost exclusively US with the exception of the infrastructure vehicles which has UK ballast hoppers and also the barrier wagons for the rusty rail flatcars. THere may also be one or two Austrailian flat cars. This first attempt by myself is intended to identify any problems that need to be rectified and future improvements. Unfortunately after I had uploaded it I found that the turntable in Sundermayer has a serious defect which derails anything driving onto it. This is original content and I have not been able to identify the cause. I will either replace it or remove it entirely. Likewise the signals have only been partly renamed. I will finish them in a later version. I have also made a start on making it easier to place your cars in the correct position for loading/unloading mostly in Van Den and Port Van Den. Again, I intend to finish this in the next version. I will appreciate any comments or sugestions you make in this thread and if you come across a problem or something not quite right you can either post it here or PM me. I will be producing a list of Industries and commodities in the next couple of weeks which will ba available on request by supplying me with your email address in a PM. I will also place a copy in the config file hopefully. I will be hosting a session from about 3 pm today, UK time if anyone wants to join me. The name of the session is Port Ogden TS12 MP and dragging it to the download box will also download the route. Enjoy!

Great! Thanks for the works done.

And ofc compliments to the original author, Philskene.

Edit:
I can confirm that everything downloads from the DLS; no missing dependencies.

Last edited:
Great! Thanks for the works done.

And ofc compliments to the original author, Philskene.

Edit:
I can confirm that everything downloads from the DLS; no missing dependencies.

I just activated a new FCT. How long should it take for my download speeds to return to normal before I can download this route?

Off topic

How long should it take for my download speeds to return to normal before I can download this route?
Seconds, but you might have to do this procedure:
- Clean your download list in CM
- Remove your username + pw from options
- Close the game and CM
- Wait till a TADDaemon has stopped running (by itself)
- Restart CM
- Re-enter your username + pw
This should trigger it. If not, it might take up to 48 hours, but luckely I never had that (and will have that again).

Seconds, but you might have to do this procedure:
- Clean your download list in CM
- Remove your username + pw from options
- Close the game and CM
- Wait till a TADDaemon has stopped running (by itself)
- Restart CM
- Re-enter your username + pw
This should trigger it. If not, it might take up to 48 hours, but luckely I never had that (and will have that again).

Didn't even have to do that.

There are three asset dependencies for the Krauss Maffei ML225B corresponding to obsolete versions of those assets. They are the Bogey, the Engine, and the Cab. If you seek these assets, look no further than here:

Krauss Maffei ML225B - Bogey,<kuid2:404575:100415:1>
Krauss Maffei ML225B - Engine,<kuid2:404575:100438:1>
Krauss Maffei ML225B - Cab,<kuid2:404575:100446:1>

Nice to see a running multiplayer version out there, though I do have a question. I had intended some time ago to do a combined route using most of Phil's work and then making it usable in multiplayer. (somewhat in line with the MSTS expansions of the route while keeping with the way things have developed for the trainz version). When the project is done I will be using entirely US based signals and equipment and I'm wondering if you would mind releasing my version when it's ready? I've been working on it off and on sense I got TS12 though my attention is currently focused on my original route. I've actually considered adding my own route to the network of routes I've been making that's centered on the PO&N.

Hello Elanachan, the best of luck with your project. Port Ogden is a ony a modified route, but even so, it took a lot of work to get it on the DLS. I attempted t email my route to a fellow Trainzer so he could take a look at it but failed miserably. The file was too large for my ISP. I don,t know if that works in reverse but if that is the case then you wouldn,t be able to email it to me. Still, at least if you release it you will get the credit. I found it a bit of a pain preparing it for upload, there is quite a bit to think about but I got there in the end. Being the first time does make it harder but after that it is bound to be easier.

I,m pretty busy working om the next version of my route, which will include enhancemements which I hope will improve the playability and make it more enjoyable. It should be uploaded in a few days, ideally sometime on tuesday but I still have quite a bit to do. Somebody suggested that I make a map of the route which I think is a good idea. The problem is I have no idea how to go about it. So I,m looking for a volunteer who would be willing to make one for me. You can contact me by posting here, pm or ichat.

The latest session, Port Ogden TS12 MP V1a is now on the DLS. As usual, downloading the session will aotomatically download the Route. I have made a number of enhancements and changes,as follows, to improve the playability of the session. I have made a list of the Industries and which commodity they produce or consume, along with a page called "Traffic Flows" which is dedicated to commodities and the rail vehicles that convey them. I may expand on this at a later date if there is a demand. This file is available on request by giving me your email address in a private message or an email. Other enhancements and changes are; 99% of Industry tracks now only produce or consume one commodity to improve reliability. All MIN Industry tracks are marked with a combination of Commodity signs and blue barrels to make make it easier for you to correctly position your cars for loading/unloading. Following on from that, All industry tracks have a sign naming the commodity it handles. Probably the most important change is the HUD, which is now more informative, alongside which all the mainline switches and some others have been named, both to help you find your way around the route and identify your location. Again, in conjunction with the new HUD all 3-aspect signals have been named. The Turntable in Sundermayer has been replaced and tested as the old one was causing derailments for some unknown reason. The Industry "Power Station NS" in Chippewa Falls Shale Refinery has been abolished as it was causing players to lose contol of their locomotives. The other one in Van Den Steel Works has been checked and appears ok, so it has been kept as a scenery item. All three Reefer Ice Plants have been abolished. Worksite 1 has been overhauled and now has 5 MIN,s as listed in the file. Because it is an Infrastucture Worksite and not a normal industry each MIN has a "Stop,Wait for Instructions" sign at the beginning and a sign at the end e.g. "WORKSITE 1B END". The Ford Fiesta auto ramps have been overhauled as follows. 7A and 7B in Upper Ogden will now load Ford Fiesta,s. 7A and 8A have been moved along with 1A in Port Van Den to accomodate 2 Cartic Sets. Ballast Pit 01 will now load the correct type of Ballast (see traffic Flows in the file). The Container Wharf in Port Van Den now loads 20ft & 40ft Containers like I intended it to, and not unload them. Sundermayer Paper Mill 02 Will now load Paper Rolls and not Barley (Don,t ask!). 10 BR OBA Railfreight Brown Wagons have been placed in Van Den yard to convey 24 Sleeper Loads (See Traffic Flows in the file) All other changes to the locomotive and Rolling Stock are minor. There have been a few changes to the 3-aspect signalling, mainly spacing. Some changes to Speed restictions, with a view to making more changes in the future to work better with the HUD. That just about covers it, at least that,s all I remember. Unfortunately due to my work shift pattern I am unlikely to host a session until tuesday afternoon, UK Time. It took me a while to complete this version as there was a lot of work involved. Any problems, let me know so I can correct them. I hope this version will make the session more enjoyable for you. Suggestions are welcome. Now go and Enjoy!

Last edited:
These are the things that need fixing in Version 1a. Most serious is a point switch with a missing lever located between the Turntable and the Paper Mill At Sundermayer. THIS WILL DERAIL YOUR TRAIN. There are also Two point switches that need naming at Stevens North Bypass. I have also had a report of a faulty point switch at Galveston Fast Line which is out of correspondance with the point motor. In plain English You think the switch is set for one Direction but is really set for the other direction. I have not investigated this yet. Most puzzling is the failure of the CP Container Flats to Load 20ft containers at Port Van Den Container Wharf. First test results indicate it is a problem with the CP Container Flats. Further investigation required. Due to an error on my part Port Van Den Bulk Wharf o2 unloads cement and not Barley as planned. Upper Ogden 11 does not appear to be consuming Wheat. Checking the industry does not reveal a problem still investigating. I will be starting what I hope is a 24/7 Session tomorrow morning when I get up which will be around 7am. I will be away from the session from about 8am to about 4pm. UK times naturally.

Last edited:
My latest version, Port ogden TS12 MP V1b is now on the DLS and I have just started a session which will run 24/7. Once again I have made a number of improvements to the session to increase your enjoyment (I hope). There are three big ones. The 1st is the introduction of Teamspeak 3 which is on the UMR Summer Server 66.45.231.18 The chatroom is Port Ogden TS12 Multiplayer. the 2nd is a review of all speed restrictions with regard to the linespeed and positioning which has led to a lot of changes to try and improve the general "feel" of the session. The linespeed has been reduced in a number of locations so beware!. The 3rd is the construction of a new line linking the Ogden- Farina line with the Upper Ogden- Cheyanne line eliminating the need for trains travelling from Cheyanne/Stevens/Armour to Farina/Teeside/Chippewa Falls and vice versa having to either reverse direction in Upper Ogden or make a lengthy detour. Other Infrastucture changes are a remodelling of Upper Ogden Junction to remove the need for trains travelling from Lower to Upper Ogden to travel over the mainline which will reduce the chances of a collision. Close to this junction on the other side of the bridge to Cheyanne the Single Line/Slow line Junction has also been remodalled to improve the track alignment. Between Seven Seven and the Newcastle Junction two Portals, two switches, three tunnels and associated track has been abolished. Two new tunnels have been constructed. This is too improve the linespeed from 30mph to 60 mph on both lines. Some players have experienced problems locating industries in Port Van Den and navigating to them. They have also commented on the length of time it takes to drive to them. I have taken a number of measures to address these issues. All the Industries accessed by the single line that takes you down to the dockside now have "Lower" in the name and a few have had their name changed to make their location easier to identify e.g. Port Van Den Lower Fuel Wharf. Point switches have been named in such a way as to make navigation to the industries easier. And a new line has been constructed between the single line to the Lower Port and the Bulk Wharf and Fuel Wharf reducing the journey time and eliminating the need for a reversal to reach that area. I have also constructed two additional leads out of Port Van den locomotive Depot and two additional sidings in the Adjacent Yard. Time is against me so I can,t list the rest of the changes but I hope you like it and I,ll be in the session about 3pm GMT today 12th june.

Hello, great Job, but....
There is a Error by the Ballast Pit. Two different Products will produce a Script-Error. Please check this.( The one to load has no queue)

Last edited:
Hello MtHajo. OK, I will check it out. I remember changing the commodity to a different type of Ballast. Maybe I didn,t delete the old one properly.

After hosting Montana Rail link for the past few weeks I have turned my attention once more to my Route. I am busy working on the next version and as usual I intend to make further improvements. As part of that process I,m now hosting a session in order to identify anything that needs adjusting or fixing. I have already installed a missing point switch in the next version that was missing from Port Van Den Yard. I,m hoping some of you will join my session to assist me in this. I,m also open to sugestions for future improvements as well as making me aware of any problems you come across. Thank you for any assistance you can give me. It just involves playing the session as you would normally do.

Now, there is a problem to unload Potash in Chippewa. A look in Editor says the Size for this queue is 0.

ok thanks, I,ll take a look at it. The script error at the Ballast Pit was caused by myself using the wrong type of ballast in the Load/unload section of the MIN. I have adjusted the Potash Unloading MIN in Chippeawa Falls which still needs to be tested before I can upload it. I may yet change the product to a more appropriate one although this will mean configuring the cars to carry it which is something I tend to avoid. I hope to have the new version on the DLS by next weekend but this is dependent on how much more I decide to do. In a future version I will most likely carry out an industry review in order to adjust the amounts in the Mins and to make the identification of their products easier.

Last edited:
Back