Poll: Real trains, model trains or games?

Before you discovered TRAINZ what was your main area of interest?

• I was a gamer

Votes: 48 14.6%
  • I was a Model Railroad fan

Votes: 130 39.5%
  • I was a real life train fan

Votes: 125 38.0%
  • None of these

Votes: 26 7.9%

• Total voters
I've always loved trains even in my adolescent years. Shortly, I started modeling as a hobby and by my teenage years I discovered logging and short line RRs and that has been my interest for over 45 years, now.

My younger brother, on the other hand, is a 18 wheeler fanatic. I liked trains while he liked trucks.

At my age, I was fortunate to actually see and watch steam roll down the tracks. I haven't DLed but one diesel in about a year and a half that I've been playin' with Trainz.

:)

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry, I had to go with the last option, None of These
Just because none really fitted my background, even if two of the three first sort of fits.

* I'm still a Model Railroad fan
* I'm still a real life train fan
But, I'm also sort of a historian in training looking for a good program to create my historic interesting area as a virtual world/experience - and when I saw Trainz I was just sold.
Tried MSTS, but Trainz was way better for my use.

Come from a young childhood background (from teen years) in Model Railroading as I used it as a way to escape from the world around me - creating my own perfect world. Much better then the other alternatives...
Loved the look and feel of US locomotives, had a strange strong feel toward the mountain side of railroading and the history of the Native American, then into mining & railroading...

It all lead me down the road to me discovering my El Dorado, Cripple Creek Colorado and years of collecting info from that area, first with dreams about a model railroad.
Then learning computers thanks to sitting home all day in Belgium with access to my husband's computer - I saw the opportunities the computers presented and changed playing field during the next few years (from 1996 onward)

Then, Trainz and I met - and even if I'm very much not visible anymore, I still have this love for this program and try to keep track of it as I see this as a very perfect program to adopt to my ever growing (in understanding) needs of a program to re-create a world I just feel connected to.

Yes, I'm through with the boring post of mine. ;)

Best wishes from a girl finally back from the worst trip ever, made worse by no Internet, or TV or anything but hard work and lot of stress and impossible bills and a more or less totally useless husband.

Stuck in Norway for ever...

But, I have my stuff - yeah!!

Linda

My father used to take me on business trips during the summer when I was little. I had logged almost 50,000 miles on trains, mostly behind steam, by the age of 18. Rode the Pennsy and B&O lines mostly.

Also had a big American Flyer layout growing up. Still have it. 12 locomotives and about 200 cars with over 1,000 feet of track.

Love Trains 2004 because it allows me to use my imagination and creativity to develop all kinds of routes. It's great to pass the hours on long winter nights.

I'm another all-of-the-above, but I voted model railroad fan since computer gaming back then wasn't nearly as strong an interest for me as it is now. My interest in computer gaming has really only matured over the last few years as the hardware has developed to the point of giving almost photo-realistic environments in which to play. Unfortunately though, my desire to stay up-to-date with my hardware has impacted my model railroad budget rather negatively.

Background

I was into real railways but TRS06 has taught me a great deal about trains. before I bought trains and someone asked me what is a class 37 I wouldnt know what there on about. now its my favourite train.

Yours klambert

Back