Please stop updating items for DLCs but not uploading them to the DLS!

I've had a similar problem where 4 (FOUR) drivers built into TaNE, but not on the DLS or in TRS19 make my uploaded session almost un-useable in TRS19.

Where should we report such items?

Paul

Yea Paul. Had the same problem with 2 built-in drivers in TANE. The session in TRS19 just shows 2 unknown assets. I found them in TANE but I couldn't transfer them from TANE to TRS19. Tried replacing the drivers in the session but lost all their schedule commands. Frustrating to say the least. They may in fact be included in some DLC package but how would I know that and even if they are why should I have to dl tons of content I don't want or need right now just to get 2 driver characters?

Bob Pearson

All assets that are unknown because they are in a DLC package can be lowered a version number if it is on the DLS. Click the unknown asset and list versions. Look for the highest known one and use download this version. Open route and session and use delete missing assets to reset the kuid table to read the new version. Clicking on a driver in surveyor and changing the driver should not delete the schedule, I think this happens only if you try while in driver mode. If you have the DLC asset installed just disable it so it is not put into a route you want to upload.

The alternative is to make all DLC a kuid 3.

Last edited:
However, wouldn't it be far simpler to have everything except the route/session itself on the DLS and not in the DLCs? As I stated earlier the DLS should be the one stop resource for all who are seeking needed content for routes and sessions. After all anyone who downloads a route or session from the DLS has to do that anyway, and that has been the case for many years. Why should DLCs be treated differently?

One issue that I can see with that very good idea is the lack of an FCT by many users who may purchase DLC content. All DLC downloads are sent out from N3Vs servers at the maximum possible speed (at their end) regardless of whether or not you have an FCT. If you then have to download all the scenery assets, for example, that have been removed from the DLC packet and placed onto the DLS then those users will be restricted by the lower download speeds and daily download limits that afflict non FCT users. I do not believe that it would be practical to try to differentiate between those who are downloading a DLS asset because it is part of a DLC pack they have purchased or those who are simply downloading the asset but do not have an FCT.

My theory.

Clicking on a driver in surveyor and changing the driver should not delete the schedule, I think this happens only if you try while in driver mode.

I think the earlier poster is referring to a session I uploaded for the Port Loleta. In any event, the loss of schedule happens in Central Portal Control. To change a driver, it seems you must delete the driver and start over for each driver.

Back