Please help!

Wayfarer

Maine Central 4-6-2 #470

This loco is the centerpiece of my route and I desperately need it to work properly. It is showing an "unknown asset" under "missing dependencies" and I'm not smart enough to fix it myself. I'm afraid if I keep trying then I will somehow manage to ruin it for everyone else.

Have you tried searching for the Kuid?

http://www.trainzkuidindex.com/

You need to create an account, but the service is free (donate if you want).

Put in the two-parts of the Kuid and let it search.

If the asset worked before, ensure that there isn't something open for edit. If the missing item is open for edit, the dependency will show as missing.

If you imported the locomotive into T:ANE from TS12, ensure that the missing asset is not a TS12 built-in item. You may not be able to import this item if it is payware, though you can get built-in items to import though they are rather poor. This will be the case until the built-in's from TS12 are uploaded to the DLS for T:ANE.

I hope I explained this.

John

I remember how confused I was when I had 34 posts ... I'll teach you how to find the kuid, and fix it ... PM me

It took me 6 months to figure out how to download, and after a year I was totally amazed: "WoW you can lay your own track, and build your own routes" !

Thanks, guys. It was working when I imported it from Trainz 12 into T;Ane but it quit and I was at a total loss about how to fix it. It works fine now.

Have you tried searching for the Kuid?

http://www.trainzkuidindex.com/

You need to create an account, but the service is free (donate if you want).

Put in the two-parts of the Kuid and let it search.

If the asset worked before, ensure that there isn't something open for edit. If the missing item is open for edit, the dependency will show as missing.

If you imported the locomotive into T:ANE from TS12, ensure that the missing asset is not a TS12 built-in item. You may not be able to import this item if it is payware, though you can get built-in items to import though they are rather poor. This will be the case until the built-in's from TS12 are uploaded to the DLS for T:ANE.

I hope I explained this.

John

You know that I almost forgot about this site --- great place find those things that just disappear! LOL

Ish

Thanks guys. I got the loco working but the horn sound starts, stops, and starts again. (Probably why it was removed from the DL Station.)

Back