Pesky long-distance signal/switch control

rhban

I don't like driving trains. I like watching them, so I always have AI drivers, but I met a new (for me) problem today:
My AI train stopped and loaded at a station and then wouldn't move - no reason given. I inserted one then several track marks, but it wasn't interested and wouldn't budge, and yet, I could manually drive the train to its next destination without problems, so it wasn't broken track - the usual culprit. Took me ages to work it out because the game wasn't going to tell me. Of course, it turned out there was a missing point lever some four boards away! Sometimes I wonder just how far the reach of signals and switches goes!

Sometimes I wonder just how far the reach of signals and switches goes!
They reach out and then report to an agency which does not appear in budget line items and is housed in what looks on the surface to be an old Montgomery Ward warehouse, but has an oddly high voltage utility feed line to it and an oddly active heat exchanger atop the uncertainly vacant warehouse adjoining it ...

They reach out and then report to an agency which does not appear in budget line items and is housed in what looks on the surface to be an old Montgomery Ward warehouse, but has an oddly high voltage utility feed line to it and an oddly active heat exchanger atop the uncertainly vacant warehouse adjoining it ...
I thought the drivers had a bit more than plain coffee in their thermoses and took extra-long lunches, but I believe you're right. Walgreens has a similar building located in a former Zayers located at the Mt. Prospect Plaza, Mt. Prospect, IL. I visited the facility in 1985 when I was repairing their Intercom terminals, aka Ontel Op1/64s.

Many times, I have blamed the drivers for problems which were self-inflicted such as direction markers facing the wrong way or directing them down the wrong track.

I feel that it is a bug most of the time, a missing lever is not really missing but has walked half a mile down the track, a direction control marker has got fed up with the view and has turned around to look at that new speed tree that has appeared.

I feel that it is a bug most of the time, a missing lever is not really missing but has walked half a mile down the track, a direction control marker has got fed up with the view and has turned around to look at that new speed tree that has appeared.
That was a really awful bug in TS2010 and TS12. Adding a spline point would send the track objects, track markers, and triggers down the line somewhere else. While editing a route one day, I noticed that the signals and speed limits were gone, so I replaced them. When I got to a bridge, they were all stacked up against each other as if I tipped the route on end and they all slid in that direction. Upon checking elsewhere, I found missing switch levers, bridge abutments, and other track objects "missing" and my heart sank. It took me hours spread over many days to untangle that one.

I found to avoid track objects from wandering which is a bit whacked is by creating 2 spline points in the track and actually replacing the track with a new section., which can be time consuming pending on what you are replacing., also noticed now in ts22 when doing a bulk asset replacement and you chose the red square just to replace a small area it ends up replacing everything in the route....

I found to avoid track objects from wandering which is a bit whacked is by creating 2 spline points in the track and actually replacing the track with a new section., which can be time consuming pending on what you are replacing., also noticed now in ts22 when doing a bulk asset replacement and you chose the red square just to replace a small area it ends up replacing everything in the route....
Since the TS10 - TS12 mess, I've done the same ever since.

There's currently a bug with the selected area option. Use with great trepidation because it works sometimes but usually not. CTRL+Z is your friend as I've found out too.

Back