Paying for what I already have or for items with errors/warnings? not fair!

ffccnn

I bought a package from Simulator Central (stuff by Jointed Rail) and I noted that many items were already in my system. I expect to get nice stuff when I pay for it:

Code:
[B]Warning: Replaced previously installed asset 'Ditchlight'
[/B]Message: Installed asset <kuid2:45324:10100:3>
[B]Warning: Skipped previously downloaded and installed asset 'Locomotive sound effects library v1.05'
[/B]Message: <kuid2:45324:100253:1> committed
[B]Warning: Replaced previously installed built-in asset 'Multi-number library for rolling stock, v2.02'
[/B]Message: Installed asset <kuid2:104722:2501038:4>
Warning: Replaced previously installed built-in asset 'gen dd40 int'
Warning: Replaced previously installed asset 'Nathan K5HL'
Warning: Replaced previously installed asset 'ES44DC engine'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'Ditchlight'
Warning: Replaced previously installed asset 'HiAd black CSX'
Warning: Replaced previously installed asset 'GEVO12 diesel engine sounds'
Warning: Skipped previously downloaded and installed asset 'Locomotive sound effects library v1.05'
Warning: Replaced previously installed asset 'Jointed Rail Train Effects library v 1.22'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'Multi-number library for rolling stock, v2.02'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'gen dd40 int'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'Nathan K5HL'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'ES44DC engine'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'Ditchlight'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'GEVO12 diesel engine sounds'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'GEVO12 diesel engine sounds'
Warning: Skipped previously downloaded and installed asset 'Locomotive sound effects library v1.05'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'Jointed Rail Train Effects library v 1.22'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'Multi-number library for rolling stock, v2.02'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'gen dd40 int'
Warning: Replaced previously installed an open for edit asset 'Nathan K5HL'

and so on and on.....

Then I checked one of the items:
gen dd40 int,<kuid:-3:10085>, guess what? it is from Auran, and it has defects:

Code:
Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz.  Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz.  Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz.  Though these meshes may work in Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'heater.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'levers.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'needle_red.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'needle_white.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'phone.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'phonecord-phonecord_op.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'seat.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'switch.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'switchdial-switchdial_op.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'switchlight-switchlight_op.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'switch_red.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'visor.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'wheelslip-wheelslip_op.texture'.

Yes, I paid for it and then what? I am supposed to fix it? come on guys at N3V, doesn't look fair,
I'll think twice before buying stuff from you again.

(I had to remove some of the defects because the message was too big)

nothing is wrong with any of the above items (warnings do not count as errors). also, it is not uncommon for each item to use other items in its make-up, which is why it would say you have them already. those include some sounds, maybe some light textures or engine specs. each asset that requires these must include them for install or otherwise someone might end up with missing items.

Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz

This seems harmfull to me, the day will come when it will be no longer supported and then what?
I suggest to fix those items to today's specs and then put it for sale, the right thing to do, IMHO.

It looks to me,after reading your first post, that the problem is with the gen dd40 int. That is a built-in item. You should Never open a built-in item. If you do you will get errors and warnings like those you posted.
You should be able to right click on it and click on "revert" or "revert to original". That should rest it back without the errors or warnings.
I have bought a pack from NV3 that was a Jointed Rail item, I do not remember it containing that interior. (just checked-it does contain the interior).
When you install anything into trainz if it asks you to overwrite a builtin item say skip.
You will avoid these headaches.
Kenny

Also unless you absolutely need to, never open a built-in item then commit it. It will give you errors almost ever time.
This is an NV3 thing. This has nothing to ot with Jointed rial.

It looks to me,after reading your first post, that the problem is with the gen dd40 int. That is a built-in item. You should Never open a built-in item. If you do you will get errors and warnings like those you posted.
You should be able to right click on it and click on "revert" or "revert to original". That should rest it back without the errors or warnings.
I have bought a pack from NV3 that was a Jointed Rail item, I do not remember it containing that interior. (just checked-it does contain the interior).
When you install anything into trainz if it asks you to overwrite a builtin item say skip.
You will avoid these headaches.
Kenny

Also unless you absolutely need to, never open a built-in item then commit it. It will give you errors almost ever time.
This is an NV3 thing. This has nothing to ot with Jointed rial.

I didn't edit that built-in item, I was importing 5 CDP files I downloaded after my purchase. The first set of messages were copied from the window doing the import.

Thanks for your suggestion to take into account in the future.

Depending on your settings, built-in assets can open for edit if overwritten. Best thing to do is not to commit such assets - revert them to original instead.

Shane

After installing items select Open for Edit but below that add Built in = True. REVERT these items then change Built = False and COMMIT these. I have found it is far too easy to commit built in assets, you do however get a warning.
You could save the above definition if preferred. Open for Edit True or Open for Edit BinT

Ken

Last edited:
Back