Over 200 of my assets "updated" - who did this and why?

As an example the PCC Non Real-301 <kuid>2:82412:58199301:1 ends up having 126 errors and 40 warnings when I import the asset into TANE from TS12 SP1 (which shows no errors or warnings for the asset)

There are so many errors I don't even know where to start. Here is just the beginning of the list.

- binary texture file 'route-front-frame-01.texture' is not a texture file for 'C:/Users/Paul Bert/AppData/Local/N3V Games/TANE/local/hash-DC/kuid2 82412 58199302 1'
- Texture 'route-front-frame-01.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'PCC-NonReal-301-INT-01.im', material '*PCC-NonReal-301-INT-01*7142AD3A*mtl #0*m.onetex'.
- binary texture file 'window-01-window-01-opacity.texture' is not a texture file for 'C:/Users/Paul Bert/AppData/Local/N3V Games/TANE/local/hash-DC/kuid2 82412 58199302 1'
- Texture 'window-01-window-01-opacity.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'PCC-NonReal-301-INT-01.im', material '*PCC-NonReal-301-INT-01*5CCE9A3D*window-01*m.onetex'.
- binary texture file 'route-background-day-01.texture' is not a texture file for 'C:/Users/Paul Bert/AppData/Local/N3V Games/TANE/local/hash-DC/kuid2 82412 58199302 1'
- Texture 'route-background-day-01.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'PCC-NonReal-301-INT-01.im', material '*PCC-NonReal-301-INT-01*43CB74E4*mtl #0*m.onetex'.
- binary texture file 'texture dest-texture dest.texture' is not a texture file for 'C:/Users/Paul Bert/AppData/Local/N3V Games/TANE/local/hash-DC/kuid2 82412 58199302 1'

OK, you can start by ignoring everything that complains about not being able to load a .texture file because it's in the wrong format -- which is everything you've posted.

To work around that locally, you'd need to run the textures through the 'image2tga' pevsoft tool. The uploaded versions won't require that as they'll have original source.

Has this list of updates been checked against the DLS Cleanup list to see which items should now be removed from that list?

Not yet. It should however prevent anyone from uploading a fix (because there will already be an asset under a later version number).

I'll schedule a pass of this for after I've finished all the uploads.

I suspect it would reduce the outstanding items significantly, for those assets repaired for release with DLC and not previously on the DLS.

I suspect you'd be right. It should also clear out a lot of the negative KUID stuff that you guys can't fix anyway.

OK, you can start by ignoring everything that complains about not being able to load a .texture file because it's in the wrong format -- which is everything you've posted.

To work around that locally, you'd need to run the textures through the 'image2tga' pevsoft tool. The uploaded versions won't require that as they'll have original source.

Ok Jame's ( HI ) :)

What if you Don't use or carn't use Pevsoft tool's ? ? ?

Poul

Oh Deanne sorry for highjaking your post

Last edited:
What if you Don't use or carn't use Pevsoft tool's ? ? ?

That tool is a necessary part of the workflow if you want to open builtin content for edit and commit the content, whether you are committing into the same build, or as in this case, into a different one.

If you can't use it for whatever reason, you can't do an import in this way. You'd need to wait for me to upload the original version to the DLS.

I find it interesting that people have been complaining for years that N3V doesn't properly screen DLS content for errors. Now they are finally doing it and some creators are saying "How dare you fix my broken content that only works on TS2004 (that I had no intention of ever fixing anyway) to work with the latest version of Trainz so everyone can enjoy it!!!!! You've got a lot of nerve!!!"

Seriously?!?!?

If they are numerically sorted then the negative KUID stuff has already gone, but if you are doing a pass through the list then these need to go as they are unfixable:
<KUID:70791:35501> to <KUID:70791:35875> inclusive.

Hmmm... it's not that the error itself can't be fixed, that's pretty straightforward. It's that the author has either deliberately or accidentally coded the script in the companion object to reject anything with a higher KUID revision. Or a name change.

Back