Oh, fun,fun,fun

Cactushead

I am putting this n general trains 'cause it doesn't make any difference what version you're using. This will work for everyone. I woke up with a nuclear explosion n my head about a route that should b a lot of fun. It's called "Shuffling the Deck" and I will b using the Mars equipment, the Alliance box cars mainly. All the different colors of cars will b mixed up n the yard, and your job will b to sort them out and store them n warehouses denoted by static versions of the Alliance cars. Then i will try to create an industry module where u can take certain cars and spot them. Before I start tho, let me know if this sounds like something you'd want.
TTFN, cactushead.

So much for 'Shuffling the Deck'.

Apparently no thinks much of my idea. A week and no input. Well, I'm used to it. I'm gonna go ahead and build it, but I don't think I'll waste my time uploading it if no one cares about it. I thot, and still think it's a good idea. U c, my big problem n building a route is the scenery. I can, and have, built whopping big Megalopolis's, but when I get a mile or two out of the city limits, my brain freezes up and I can't go any farther. Bummer. But I think Shuffling The Deck is gooing to work. And it's not something that u can finish n five minutes. N fact, I may have to run it as a session. After doing the math, I'm gonna have to have a minimum of 555 freight cars n the yard just to get started. No telling how many more I'm gonna have to prespot n the industrial section. So if anyone decides they would like to know more, just reply to this post, and I'll try to give a blow by blow explanation. Unfortuanately, I'm having to make this up as I go, so it will take a while. But I really have hi hopes for this layout.
cactushead.
P.S. I think I mentioned n my other post that this whole thing takes place on Mars.

Cactushead, I have followed you and ish6 with interest as a Mars route sounds pretty fascinating. But without an idea of the route it was a little difficult to respond to the session idea. I have seen some interesting assets on the DLS, are there any screenshots of the route? Is there a thread under the freeware forum, or will this be payware? If freeware, maybe start a thread under that forum with screenshots/videos?

Idea of the route. Hmmm. Good idea. Problem is, I'm not sure how to describe it, but I'll try. (If I can get my last two remaining synapses to fire). Basically, when u start the session, Alpha Base is n the background. At edge of the base is a huge yard,with approximately 555 cars jumbled on it. Not all cars will b used. There r fifteen different colored Alliance cars, but there will b more than fifteen. There will b other cars whose only purpose is to make sorting the cars more difficult. U will have to push the Alliance cars into 15 color coded storage barns. Once yor done with that, then u can make up way bills as to which cars go where. I currently am planing three destinations. One is done except for details, and that is the Ethanol turn. More on that later. I'll try to get more detailed as I go, but that's gonna depend if my bi-polar depression is on or off. as to pictures and vidoo's, I'm still working on a facebook to put them on. But if I try to do too much at one time, I 'shut down' for a few days. If u suffer from bi-polar like I do, you'll know what I mean. I'll go into more detail on the Ethanol turn in a few days. till then,
TTFN and keep Trainzing.
cactushead.

... i'm one of the 320 silent watchers .. curious what you are doing ... waiting for some screenshots ...
i recognize your "need" for reactions and your mental condition ... i had it to
the only one you need is yourself, so be your greatest fan ...
use your moodchanges as the waves at ebb and flow, so surf on it ...
like forester1 said: start a thread with the name: shuffling the deck ... maybe in "workshops" (your creations) - "screenshots" ... don't wait for reactions .. go for it ... use it as a scrapbook for yourself ... as a database of you creative moments ...

i pm you my mailadress so we can help each other ... just stick to your idea and i give some support ..
grtz
daveric

zsuda, I am still trying for the screenshots. Maybe n a couple of weeks. You're advice is really good. I'm going to work on that. But rite now, I need to finish the Ethanol turn. And, yes, eventually I will have a full set of instructions, but as this is a work n progress it may take a while. Plus I have couple of non-related projects going also. But this is the one I'm focusing on now. So stay tuned, more info coming.
TTFN, cactushead.

Back