NYCTA! pics!

Hi A

Great video --- A, what's your youtube channel name, so I can subscribe to it!?

Great screenshotz

Ishie

Last edited:
Hi A

Great video --- A, what's your youtube channel name, so I can subscribe to it!?

Great screenshotz

Ishie

His username is Malprave10. Here's how to find this kind of information yourself from an embedded video: In a browser window, click the (i) button on the top-right of the embedded video to get info about the uploader, or click the title of the video to watch it on YouTube.

Annocment: I will be making all of the Demolished And Abandon Shuttles And EL's. It's just my way of saying I'm sorry you closed.

Annocment: I will be making all of the Demolished And Abandon Shuttles And EL's. It's just my way of saying I'm sorry you closed.

Dude pictures pictures pictures we need pics of your work your always saying your working but we need pics man

Dude pictures pictures pictures we need pics of your work your always saying your working but we need pics man
Arrgh Ye Want Pics? Ill Show The Bucket Of Sea Pics! Arr! (Pirate101)

Another Shot
trainz2013-01-1217-02-36-59_zps37b602ee.png

Dekalb Ave Station

trainz2013-01-1217-01-26-62_zpsdf7bf389.png

Dekalb Lay-Up

trainz2013-01-1217-01-20-69_zps78412473.png

Dekalb Ave Split To Cluver Shuttle
trainz2013-01-1217-01-08-60_zps5160541a.png

Redbird School Car In a Small Dekalb Ave Yard. (6) In Distance
trainz2013-01-1217-00-45-28_zps804a0726.png

Back Of Redbird

trainz2013-01-1217-00-37-74_zpsc469a205.png

Track 4 On Street Level

trainz2013-01-1217-00-25-75_zps1f2fdcd3.png

Yard Cool , Redbird , Train Of Many Colors

trainz2013-01-1217-00-20-05_zpsd6350d70.png

Right Is the Track To Yard , Left To Dekalb

trainz2013-01-1217-00-10-65_zps75234183.png

Entrance To Dekalb Ave Tunnel

trainz2013-01-1216-59-39-71_zps1c9d5c0c.png

Arrgah Yer Happy Now? Now If you'll Excuse me ive got to ride the skys! (Pirate101)

Here go guys.

Yep Fictional. (7) Pics Will Be Up Soon. BTW At Dekalb Ave The 4th Track And 3rd Platform do NOT have Service. The 4th track goes to 9th Ave Lower Level. Like In Hoyt St.Thanks for the feedback guys. You too ace.

Good thing it's fictional, I would freak out riding that roller coaster of a subway system! That (6) train does not look happy going over that hill.

Yeah I'm having trouble lining the track against the hill. That's why the track looks like a hill. I have no idea how to fix it.

There is an option you can change to have splines follow the terrain, and you can straighten segments as well to make them smoother vertically.

I think he means the 'Smooth Spline' option, which is a button on the Track window in Surveyor (it's a button with a cross section of track with a square below it if I remember right). Using it will auto adjust the terrain to suit the track on it - but you may need to adjust the track's spline height to make the gradient a little more easier. It's how I usually make embankments for flyovers and the like.

I think he means the 'Smooth Spline' option, which is a button on the Track window in Surveyor (it's a button with a cross section of track with a square below it if I remember right). Using it will auto adjust the terrain to suit the track on it - but you may need to adjust the track's spline height to make the gradient a little more easier. It's how I usually make embankments for flyovers and the like.

Not sure we're describing the same thing. What I'm describing makes the track segment itself straight rather than spline interpolated. There's a separate tool under 'Advanced' that snaps the terrain to the track height (minus 0.20 meters).

@Enkidoh: I know what you're describing. It's the smooth spline option that makes the terrain match up.

@Scott: You're describing the spline height option. There are two buttons, one on either side of the box where you enter in a value (in meters). The left one measures the current selection's height [if you're on a flat baseboard unmodified, it'll read 0.00], and the right button adjusts the spline height to whatever value you set in the box. This is helpful (for me anyway) on slopes where I need two track points to be the same height so an interlocking will be smooth, and not one track over the other. I didn't know the values were in meters (figures since it's an Australian game) until recently. The conversion is ~3.3 ft = 1 m if any of you is interested.

Helpful stuff from both of you! I'm still not sure how to use the gradient tool though. The signal diagrams have rises and falls on them, but I'm unsure how to use this in Trainz. Any takers?

-A :wave:

IRT Route Progress 1/20/13

January 20, 2013 IRT Route Update:

IRTProgress2013-2.jpg

Signals have not been laid on the (7) yet. I was testing the two-shot GTs Manhattan-bound from 5 Av to Grand Central (using triggers) and I've been thus far unsuccessful.

This route will include the extension to Javits Center, as shown in the map. There will be an express (3) video from 72 to 42 St, complete with accurate signals coming later on tonight/early tomorrow!!!
biggrin.png

-A
ph34r.png

Back