NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
Would the GTX 950 be a decent graphics card for Trainz10? I've got about 250 bucks to spend but some of that is going to have to go to a new power supply because the current one on my desktop is not strong enough for any upgrades. I'm not looking to get 100+ FPS while looking back at a 2 mile long train, but anything better than 2 fps while doing that would be really nice. 250 is the max that my father is letting me spend. My current desktop is a Gateway model DX4870.

I've thought about getting TS12, but I cringe when I see how much stuff I would have to transfer from TS10 to 12, but that doesnt mean I havent thought about it. I'm mainly interested in this card for stuff like Trainz, Warthunder, World of Warships, and games like that that are pretty graphic intense.

I've thought about getting TS12, but I cringe when I see how much stuff I would have to transfer from TS10 to 12, but that doesnt mean I havent thought about it. I'm mainly interested in this card for stuff like Trainz, Warthunder, World of Warships, and games like that that are pretty graphic intense.

You can just point TS12 at the TS2010 folders and it will pull it all in, if you do it overnight you won't even notice the wait. I think its $10 this week so its a fairly inexpensive upgrade.

Cheerio John

I might need some help walking through how to do that but I might consider it in the up coming months. Amazon always has TS12 for like 14 bucks which isnt that bad.

GTX 970 is dropped in price, $259 on Frys.com, and $274 on Newegg. I'd suggest waiting a bit see where the prices drop more...

^ I would, but since its not really my money being spent I gotta settle with what I can get right now. Other wise I would wait. I may try and get that card in the future when I build my own desktop, so it's an idea for later on. Like I said, I have 250 bucks my fathers letting me spend, and the power supply I need is gonna be 80 of the 250.

Back