Nottinghamshire UK

The small signalling cabinet is up on the DLS now David . I held back uploading for a while because they didnt seem bothered with updating the DLS but they seem to be doing it on a daily basis now :)

Apologies, Nexus, indeed it is on the DLS here. I got 2 emails from Auran, the first to say that the route had been approved, the 2nd to say there was a dependency that was not on the DLS - a bit late to do anything about it! But the problem's solved anyway!

Thanks to the content creators for their hard work and wonderful items for us all to use:D

I've not got TC3 (yet), but it seems as if my route won't transfer to TC3. Sent a copy of it to a friend, got this reply back...
Hello David,
I installed this onto my TC3, unfortunately, many problems.......
Lots of assets with faulty issues, the Caltex Tank has missing alpha textures not present in the working directory, the VFUK canal pack, has opaque textures the wrong size, but it won't say what size they ought to be of course.....LOL
Cannot get any of the angle plate bridges working, the track is built-in on TRS2006, so cannot get it transferred across. The Peugeot garage also has alpha and primary texture value differences along with 4 missing .bmp's and 8 missing .tga's, probably because, it is such an old asset. However, I did go into the map, but couldn't drive any trains as all the bridges are not there....LOL. The rugby ground is the wrong way round, you have it facing north-south but it should be east-west, and you've not got my favourite pub at Beeston Station, the Victoria Hotel, a very popular destination....LOL. Apart from that, it looks OK, it's such a shame that TC3 has rejected so many of the important items. If you used newer TRS2006 stuff it might be OK, but you may also need to have TC3 installed to see what there is available on that.
I can fix the Rugby Ground and the Victoria Hotel, so another update may be on the way soon.

Working Timetables

I have obtained, through ebay, a set of Working Timetables for section CK, Wellingborough to Derby and branches for 1973, both Mandatory and Conditional. Great, though its slightly before my intended period, all the trains I remembered seem to be there, with some others I never recognised!

I also have a set from 1981, Mandatory section CK Wellinborough-Derby, and Conditional section CT St Pancras-Derby. I first noticed that the MGRs to Ratcliffe-on-Soar PS were not shown. A closer examination showed that there was nothing at all on the Annesley line, and I eventually found that there were almost no trains shown that were starting and finishing within the area.
Should I still be looking for Conditional section CK, or were these trains shown in another type of timetable?

It may be worth keeping your eyes on TC3, as items which previously would not show up in TC3 (such as Pikkabirds Green Class 101) are suddenly working for no apparent reason.It may be that the recent patch has cured this problem? BTW the signalling relay cabinets are known on the railways as "Locations" which is why they have "LOC" and a number painted on them.

Here's my intended area by parts, I've been thinking about how to break it down and what order to do them in and this is the result.
Part 1 SouthWest......Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station/Lockington/Sawley/Long Eaton Town/Attenborough&Beeston Completed
Part 2 Central...........Lenton Sth Jct/Radford/Nottingham Midland Stn/Sneinton Under Construction
Part 3 West.............Toton Yards/Stanton Gate/Trowell Under Construction
Part 4 West Central...Radford Jct/Trowell
Part 5 North West.....Trowell/Ilkeston/Langley Mill/Codnor Park/Moorgreen Colliery
Part 6 North.............Radford Jct/Basford/Hucknall
Part 7 East..............Sneinton/Gedling Colliery/Burton Joyce/Cotgrave Colliery/Radcliffe
Part 8 South........... Meadows/Ruddington GC
Part 9 SouthEast......Edwalton
Part 10 Far West......Stanton Iron Works

Last edited:
Glad you're still working on this - it will make an interesting collection of routes. Good luck with it and I look forward to any further releases.

Using Part 1 of your route, I've tried setting up a session based on a 1968 passenger and freight timetable for Trent junction using "portal timetable rule". But with so many train movements the whole thing ground to a halt pretty quickly, and I moved on to something else.

I think Segy worked out a way of running timetabled trains on his Crewe route, but my PC was too slow to run the demo properly, so I never really worked out how he set it up.

regards
Stovepipe

:DYes fantastic job, all the old station names I remember, from the early 60's when I lived in Sherwood (off Mansfield Road) and worked on the construction of the (Ratcliffe)../Soar Power Station. Must get some of this layout ...and add some content. Regards

Last edited:
hi davidbird are you planning on doing the nottingham to lincoln route too?

davidbird said:
Here's my intended area by parts,
Part 7 East..............Sneinton/Gedling Colliery/Burton Joyce/Cotgrave Colliery/Radcliffe
Only as far as Burton Joyce, but I think the DPS as part of their East Coast route for the deltic simulator are planning to include Newark-Nottingham.

Incidentally, can anybody tell me exactly where the Trent PSB area stopped and the semaphore signals along the Newark line started? What would the interface appear like - would it be a 3A MAS signal, with the Y aspect replacing the semaphore distant? How is this done?

Last edited:
:D:D No..Davidbird..many apologies if I misled you. Far from it, you certainly HAVE NOT missed anything, that I'm aware of, I have been practicing building my own assets of various trains bits, locos and scripts and always on the look out for good layouts to run them in. As I said fantastic work, keep it up. Regards

Last edited:
RIP Toton Upside Closed 26/04/09

Found the title of this post on the homepage of Paul Robertson's Toton-Rail.co.uk and the following caption on one of the pictures (third one down on the Class 66 pages).
At 2359 on Sunday 26/04/09, DBS closed both the yards on the upside at Toton, Old and New Bank. This is due to the current dire financial situation in 2009 causing even further loss of freight traffic from rail, this coupled to the loss of the majority of the coal traffic into Ratcliffe to Jarvis Fastline and Freightliner, left Toton with very little traffic. This will now be concentrated on the Down Yard on the opposite side of the main line, the the upside yards used for storage of redundant assets. Earlier on closure day, 66065 is seen stabled waiting to leave with the last train to grace the New Bank yard, the 1301 Possession train to Cricklewood.

Notice no posts have been added in a while on this subject. Hows the Nottingham area route building going Davidbird?

Asked on the UKtrainz forum site a while back if anybody could & would be able to do a model of Toton maintenance depot & was just wondering if any progress had been made in that direction?

Found a 1979 picture of Beeston here.

Looks like I'll need to adjust the track layout to allow exit from Boots Sidings headshunt to the Down direction. Another updated version needed!

Welcome back Steviez, it's still the same old bunch of bickering fools you knew in the past, with a few new ones added just to spice things up. :D

nothing much seems to be happening now with this anyway

For David Bird
Just had a quick scan round your Nottingham layout and looks excellent just a few furniture items missing i.e. closed boxes at Meadow lane, Long Eaton town crossing, and also North Erewash crossing. Despite Trent box being open the manual boxes remained in situ for some time into the 1980's from memory

any help needed give us a shout

Steviez

For David Bird
Just had a quick scan round your Nottingham layout and looks excellent just a few furniture items missing i.e. closed boxes at Meadow lane, Long Eaton town crossing, and also North Erewash crossing. Despite Trent box being open the manual boxes remained in situ for some time into the 1980's from memory

any help needed give us a shout

Steviez

Thanks, my email notification of replies has stopped... I haven't yet released the V4 of Part 1. I don't actually remember them, but I'll add in the disused boxes. I do remember Attenborough crossing with its box, and the hand wheel for the gates, but the others were always barriers as I remember (which is North Erewash crossing? Is it south of Long Eaton Town crossing?)
I've realised I also need to straighten out what should be the dead straight between Attenborough Junction and Montpelier Road (west of Clifton Boulevard & the canal bridge). Thanks, as always, for your input, much appreciated.
David

Back