norfolksouthern37's Safetran NS Signals

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I noticed that some of norfolksouthern37's Safetran NS signals (Safetran NS Signal 04 (Left) (<kuid2:45324:24100:1>), Safetran NS Signal 05 (Left) (<kuid2:45324:24102:1>), Safetran NS Signal 06-LD (Left) (<kuid2:45324:24108:1>), Safetran NS Signal 06-RD (Left) (<kuid2:45324:24105:1>)) are not equipped with the Jointed Rail Smart Signal library and Safetran NS Signal 06-LD (Left) (<kuid2:45324:24108:1>) appears on the right side of the track instead of the left. Will adding the Smart Signal library along with the Coronas to each one make them work? Also, what about Safetran NS Signal 06-LD (Left) (<kuid2:45324:24108:1>)? How do I get the signal to show it on the left instead of the right?

Can't tell you much about the signals, because I have zip problems with them, but I can tell you about the 06-LD Signal.....

LD means Left Diverging, meaning that the siding branches off to the left side of the main line(s). It doesnt mean that it is on the left. I believe that there is a dedicated signal to that, IIRC.

--Bluewater, The Conrail Guru

Below is a picture of what I mean:
jordon412201304160000.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The one on the left is Safetran NS Signal 06-LD (Left), while the one on the right is Safetran NS Signal 06-LD. As you can see the Safetran NS Signal 06-LD (Left) is actually on the right of the track on the left. Also, 06-LD is equipped with Jointed Rail's Smart Signals, making the signal lights a different color, as in this case, a darker red. The 06-LD (Left) is not equipped with Smart Signals, otherwise it the signal lights would also be the same color. Safetran NS Signal 04 (Left) and 06-RD (Left) also have the same color hues, unlike their right hand counterparts, which would have had the same hues as the Safetran NS Signal 06-LD. I wish norfolksouthern37 would chime in and provide some help with this problem.

I got nothing. Never had that problem, so there might be a problem with the DL. Good luck!

--Bluewater, The Conrail Guru

i have been trying to update these signals on the DLS but they keep getting rejected. i have a helpdesk ticket in regarding the problems so as soon as that gets resolved there will be updates and we can go from there.

I think I got a bit closer than you did. I copied the Smart Signal things in the config files of the right-hand signals to the (left) signals. I was able to commit it sucessfully, but when I put them on a route, they did not light up. I guess that there's things other than that in the config file to make it work. I must also note that when I placed them in on a route, the red bug, meaning script errors, did not show up.

well if it is in fact in the config, it would be the trackside distance it is probably 2.9, changing it to -2.9 would put it on the opposite side.

Searchlight Interlocking Gantry Problem

url
In NS37's Searchlight Interlocking Gantry signal, this position is missing. And Two more too.
These are the ones that are missing (I could not find any pictures of the other two)

Green
Red
Red

Green
Red
Green

Green
Red
Flashing Green

NS37, If you can. please add these signal states.

I do not understand the request. Certainly it should be able to show a clear but I am unfamiliar with the other aspects given.

that or release the same sets of signals with cror aspects (with these kinds of block signals)
8466.1167548400.jpg

but for the normal signals they need a clear aspect instead of displaying limited clear all the time

Last edited:
Back