No engineers today?

First off, I am not offended at all, so you can quit worrying about that!

Understand that Trainz is a means to give me what I had many years ago when I lived in a large house: 4 levels of trains, 6-7 trains operating at one time, ALL tracks connected. This was way before remote control: connections from one track to another was done using plastic rail joiners to isolate one track from another. A myriad of toggle switches was used to get power where it needed to be and power kept away from other places. I could move any train from any level to any track without ever putting my hand on it.

So, now in out 880 square foot home, there is absolutely no place to even put a circle N gauge track up. Trainz is now my only way of enjoying what I love.

My latest creation is a layout whose main track is over 200 miles long. Eight other, much smaller tracks are also on the layout. Layout has sight-seeing train leaving station which is at 1,000 meters. Track goes up above the snow line to about 1,800 meters where there is a lookout. Train then descends all the way down into the valley which is at 0 meters. Then back up to the departure station. No AI used. Because of the length of the main track I can easily have 10 other trains on it at the same time.

I believe that when I am working on the layout, that is what you call the route. I lay track, fill in the ground underneath. I then drive it looking for problems. To drive it, I get to where I normally choose what layout to modify and then I double-click on that. I am then presented with 2 options: Quick Drive and Default. I choose Quick drive. All locos that I have placed on the track have drivers in them. I drive, look for problems, exit Quick Drive and fix the problems. Repeat process.

This is what I have done since first starting with TMR2017. It has always worked that way. But, when I started this thread, that had changed and there were suddenly (around the 160th time I edited and saved) no drivers in any train. I figured out how to assign them one by one and figured that I could do that from now on. But, doing that, I started to notice that 10 or 15 minutes after starting the trains, they would start to disappear: train no longer anywhere and driver showing up in the driver list as not being assigned to a train! Was very weird! And annoying!

Anyway, 2 tries last night after doing an extended data base repair, everything seems back to normal. I guess that is the secret when anything weird happens: just do the DB repair. Lesson learned.

Thanks to all of you for your patience and help!

Merry Christmas!

Back