Newbie - be gentle!

jay_w_uk

In training
Hi all,

Just purchased Trainz 04 after much deliberation and review trawling!

My first quetsion is, where do I download things like trams?

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php I would try taking a look around there and search for as many different variations that can be associated with trams. Such as the railroad or the type of tram you are looking for. Don't forget to click which versions of TRS you own and also fiddle with the "keyword" and "name" buttons.

Since you are using 04, anything that was made before it should work, such as UTC and the original Trainz.

Best of luck!

Steve

Hi welcome aboard to make sure you can use most 04 content you should download and install service pack 4.
Re Trams as suggested go to the online D/S make sure you have TRS2004 selected and either put silversmith in the top search box and highlight username and click search.
Or type in 62391 highlight kuid then click search and you will find a lot of Trams.
If you want a more modern tram you could look at my content (Nottingham Tram) which has opening and closing doors plus destination textures.
My number is 67585.

Cheers for the help - great stuff!

Is there an easy way to find 'associated' stuff, ie, overhead wire to match the trams etc - or is it just a case of trawling through and searching?

Last edited:

Is there an easy way to find 'associated' stuff, ie, overhead wire to match the trams etc - or is it just a case of trawling through and searching?

If you grab one of the tram layouts then by including the dependencies that will pull in all the overhead wire that that layout uses onto your system so you can reuse them.

Cheerio John

Hi if you either look at Silversmiths stuff or mine we both have Tram poles ,Silversmith also has wires I believe.
I used andi06 Track Track Cat-56 2m kuid 122285:1106and Track Cat-56 Reserved kuid 122285:1200 he also does Cat 64 Track all of these tracks have the wires in place so you dont have to use separate wires.
To find his stuff input
122285 in the text search box highlight kuid and have TRS2004 selected then click on search,most of the track is on page 3
If you are using the older Trams these use Cat 64, mine use Cat 56

Last edited:
If you are looking for older UK trams, then Silversmith, Andi06, michaelwhitely and motorman1066 should be able to provide all of the trams and infrastructure you'll need. All of these are on the DLS (Download Station).

More modern trams have been created by cosey, denis_fr, iceman2117 and others. Many items are available from a variety of 3rd part European websites (e.g. http://www.ptram.eu/).

Traffic lights to work with trams have been created by Andi06 and BOAT, and I have uploaded modern style tramway signals and speed limit signs (and my Westhaven Trams route).

Hopefully this will get you started. We're a pretty helpful friendly bunch around here, so don't be afraid to ask...

Paul

p.s. was that gentle enough? :eek:

Back