trying to purchase trainz 22 platinum

wolfgang63

hi, for some reason trainz portal is saying my debit card is declined. i even tried the paypal option, it doesnt work. my card is good cause i just purchased something on steam. anybody have this problem? And what can i do?.......thank you

Hi,
it may be caused by the geographical location!
The N3V company is based in Australia, your bank/credit card company may be cautious if you’re not in Australia. We had a card payment to Microsoft declined recently - unusual payment to the US.
Paypal usually works, though talking with your Bank/credit card company will often help
Colin

Hi,
it may be caused by the geographical location!
The N3V company is based in Australia, your bank/credit card company may be cautious if you’re not in Australia. We had a card payment to Microsoft declined recently - unusual payment to the US.
Paypal usually works, though talking with your Bank/credit card company will often help
Colin
I ran into this recently with my bank as well. I was sending a payment to Kickstarter for a project my music teacher is involved in. He came out with a set of CDs and vinyl records of his Bach WTC Book 1 and recently all the organ works of JS Bach.

yea, thats probably what it is. im in the usa. i'll have to talk to the bank tomorrow. i wonder what they can do ? i dont know what im gonna do if they cant change the restriction or what ever it is. cause i want to purchase from here the trainz site. i hope my $40 coupon dont expire........thank you

yea, thats probably what it is. im in the usa. i'll have to talk to the bank tomorrow. i wonder what they can do ? i dont know what im gonna do if they cant change the restriction or what ever it is. cause i want to purchase from here the trainz site. i hope my $40 coupon dont expire........thank you
Don't you have a toll free number on the card you can call for immediate customer service? Or a number on the monthly Statement? Or if trying PayPal contact PayPal customer service. If I couldn't get things fixed 24/7 I'd be looking for a new card company. I mean, what if you were traveling and you couldn't pay for gas or a hotel? This is 2023 after all.

yea i tried that 800 number on the back and it goes to my bank and its automated for only lost or stollen cards and changing pin number. its a visa debit card.........thanks

yea i tried that 800 number on the back and it goes to my bank and its automated for only lost or stollen cards and changing pin number. its a visa debit card.........thanks
I apologize then. It's been years since I had a "bank card." My card is not associated with a particular bank and I have 24/7 service.

Well, technically it is associated with a bank (major US bank) but I have zero relationship with same bank outside of the card. You just find a card provider that has the features you want. I can do everything online and I have 24/7 instant phone support that is outstanding. Also an app on my phone. In my mind you never want to be left "out in rain" not being able to use your card. I use this card for all purchases as I get "cash back." We pay the balance in FULL every month so I have zero interest charges. (With the cash back, I actually gain money with this card.) Honestly, I assumed this was all the norm this day and age. I can't imagine not being able to get card help/info with a simple phone call 24/7. (just search web for "compare credit cards")

Please note that the problem could be due to any number of things. A business uses a "card processor" company to perform the actual card transaction. Card processors are the "interface" between the card and the business. It's 99% sure that N3V has a 3rd party "card processor'. This is the system that sends the card info from their cart system to the card company and get "approval". Each individual business can set paramters with their "card processor." Things can be set like max amount of transaction, number of transactons in an hour, partial or full address checking, and all kinds of things.

Last edited:
Most of the time in your case it is just a matter of calling the bank and once you answer their security questions, telling them what you want to do and they pre-approve the purchase so it will go through.

i called my bank and they are gonna change the international transaction thingy. its for fraud security or something like that. so i should be good to go soon........:D..thanks everybody

i called my bank and they are gonna change the international transaction thingy. its for fraud security or something like that. so i should be good to go soon........:D..thanks everybody
I had to do the same with my Kickstarter transaction. I walked into my bank and yelled at them. :LOL:

Back