New Sim - World of Subway Simulator

But i think that this sim has no editor

The question for the editor was asked in a German forum. The answer was "maybe" and referred to ongoing development in their "framework". Keeping in mind that they announced their sim for later this year and thinking about the complexity of such a project, in particular about the complexity of a route editor which easily exceeds the work for the run-time simulator itself, to me this "maybe" sounds like a definite "no".

I seen a picture they posted somewhere on another forum of one of their trains at this moment. I don't know about you guys but I like seeing inside the train. What I seen was a "subway car" with photo textures.

Sadly a turn off for me till I see if this will have proper train cars in the future or not.

I seen a picture they posted somewhere on another forum of one of their trains at this moment. I don't know about you guys but I like seeing inside the train. What I seen was a "subway car" with photo textures.

Sadly a turn off for me till I see if this will have proper train cars in the future or not.

They have posted the first part of the feature list, which includes the ability of free movement at a station and in the passenger cars ( like in a first person shooter ) and to walk to the other end as the train operator would do in real life.

http://www.world-of-subways.com/index.php?id=190&L=1

John

Last edited:

I know this is a bump, but this new update should satisfy most of you guys: http://www.world-of-subways.com/index.php?id=194&L=1

I must say, after taking the Path everyday for 4 years, they did a great job. The cars and stations look real, and the look around JS looks great. Can't wait for this to come out.

Fact: My computer is going to die if i play this game on windows xp. It might be for vista instead...

Opinion: This is going to be the most stunning simulator i have ever seen.

Question: Will they have any SEPTA routes? (including the Market-Frankford Line.) Cause if not... I want my money back! :hehe:

Thanks,

Paul

When the terrorists caused the WTC buildings to collapse in 2001, I felt sick after watching the WTC buildings collapse on TV. I'm not sure about buying the PATH route due to Ground Zero. Watching the video of the PATH train running through Ground Zero made me feel sick. I didn't know anyone who were murdered by the terrorists yet I feel sick every time I see Ground Zero on TV.

That is something you have to kinda put behind you,and you have to look at how it brought the U.S. together more as a country in that respect. But this game would probably kill my computer,or if it doesn't it will have it on it knees begging for mercy.

Hi,

Btw about the pc specs i think its just fine with medium specs for these day,s. I saw the subway Berlin add-on for MSTS and that add-on had also great GFX but it runs like hell on a medium machine.

Greetz

Last edited:
@jefff944: It's called "World of subways." It can have SEPTA in it as well.

@jeffmorris: I know how you feel. However, we can't have a huge hole in the middle of lower manhattan forever. The game could also commemorate the World Trade Center. Besides, it's a construction site for the new Freedom Tower, so that's a benefit.

@Gandalf0444: Don't press play when you get it then. Your computer might have a nuclear meltdown:hehe: :hehe:

the graphics are impressive, i think they shouldve aniamted the people before releasing a video, looks very bad with frozen people, doesnt convey the sense of movement and activity found in a subway.
I think they should have released it as a pre 2001 route but then again, you wouldnt see the WTC then anyways as you would be underneath it, but i can see how some people may have objections to having ground zero included.
Im guessing they did it because it would be impossible now to obtain the material they needed to model the line properly about the original line and WTC station. Im suprised they were even given a permit to photograph and document important details in the Path system these days.

Back