NEW Release 12/26/23

Adamovic

RRmods.ca
NOW AVAILABLE! Amtrak B32-8WH Locos in Phase V & Phase IV. Enjoy!

www.rrmods.com

Screenshot-2023-12-26-223316.png

Donwload links don't work, and "Save link as..." downloads at 30KB/s...

Tried again 3 hours later: same issue.

Last edited:
I usually download from RRMods at 100 to 150MB/s. I downloaded several files up to 2GB today on other websites without any issue and RRMods is the only one where it fails.

I usually download from RRMods at 100 to 150MB/s. I downloaded several files up to 2GB today on other websites without any issue and RRMods is the only one where it fails.
you probably reached your download limit that your ISP has setup without you knowing as in a Data Cap!

As I said, I downloaded files after trying from RRMods, so if I had a download limit (I don't have any) it couldn't have been possible.

As I said, I downloaded files after trying from RRMods, so if I had a download limit (I don't have any) it couldn't have been possible.
yes it could.... Every ISP out there Controls how much you have for speed and Bandwith Remotely without you even knowing it and just a little plug Been in the IT job self taught since i was 7 years old plus i took 8 years of computers in school.. I know enough to build and run an internet Network in a home or business..... while your at it HPL look up Internet Throttling from ISP providers such as the one you have.....

I am having the same problem with RRMods (and only with RRmods, amongst all kinds of websites I download huge amounts of data from), since November. Download start at a reasonnable speed, then the speed collapses to a few ko./sec, then download fails. Look at my post here early December. As you write, the issue is on their side. I have fiber optics Internet access at 270Mbits/sec average download speed, no data cap whatsoever. PM to Adamovics as I did and he will help you out. He told me that RRmods were looking at the issue with their hosting service provider. As your post tends to indicate that the issue is still there, I will refrain from purchasing this new content for the time being, unfortunately for RRmods, where I have been a patron for years.

Last edited:
Yesterday's issue remains: links still don't work, "Save link as..." still struggles at ca. 30 KB/s. Downloading only works with a download manager, but not at full speed (no more than 15MB/s).

I am having the same problem with RRMods (and only with RRmods, amongst all kinds of websites I download huge amounts of data from), since November. Download start at a reasonnable speed, then the speed collapses to a few ko./sec, then download fails. Look at my post here early december. As you write, the issue is on their side. I have fiber optics Internet access at 270Mbits/sec average download speed, no data cap whatsoever.
As I am concerned, it is the first time I encounter download issues with RRMods. I have fiber too and unlimited data. I tried with another connection (smartphone as USB modem), same problem. We are both from France: could it be the cause?

As I am concerned, it is the first time I encounter download issues with RRMods. I have fiber too and unlimited data. I tried with another connection (smartphone as USB modem), same problem. We are both from France: could it be the cause?
I don't think the location is the issue. I also tried from a Central Asian country where I work, whith the same outcome. Admittedly, Internet connection there is not nearly as good, however.

Well, as someone that was a senior engineer for an ISP for 18 years, I'm going to guess that there is technical issue somewhere between you and where RRMods.com is hosted. These sort of backbones issues happen sometimes. I've noticed issue with streaming sites this week as well. It will get resolved soon enough.

For what it is worth, I just downloaded some items from the site and had no problems at all. Not these locos though as I don't like Amtrak stuff.

Last edited:
Maybe try a different browser. My Chrome browser seems to have issues when downloading from RRMods. No problem with Edge though. Just thought I'd pass it on.

I sent you a PM

Back