New Patch Problem

prre6

** Fire Department**
I am trying to install the new patch (TRS19 111951 to TRS19 SP4 114800). The Online Patch installer says "Unable to relaunch 'file location' with necessary permissions". I have given the program the necessary permissions and run it as an administrator and it still does this. Anyone know what's going on?

I did that but it still won't let me progress into the game because of permissions. I have the program running as administrator in the properties menu... It's weird; I've never had an issue with it before.

Still can't download it. This is the error I get and I can't figure out why.

*edit: I can't post pictures for some reason, but it's the same error
L5nynbK
L5nynbK

L5nynbK

Here's the process:
Patcher runs, performs the pre-steps (checking path, stream, username, whatever), then attempts to restart itself with admin access (so it can actually edit the file system, registry, etc). This requires the user to grant access, and requires the user has such access themselves in the UI.

So it sounds like your system isn't allowed to modify the things we need, or you've denied the apps request to access them.

You may need to update your user permissions rather than just trying to run the patcher.exe app as admin (as when it restarts it will resume under standard permissions).

Might also be worth checking whether it's possible to 'save' the results on that admin request prompt. Maybe they clicked no at some point in the past and the OS is now remembering that and denying access

Last edited:
my installation sometimes refuses to go on with the patch installations after I insert the admin datas. When that happens I just go back one step and give again the install patch command: usually everything goes on smooth

Back