New Helpdesk Comments

Yes, I did. Finally!

I have five email accounts and only one of them is non-SBC. Apparently, changing to another of the SBC accounts didn't change the basic domain so they just kept getting blocked. So I changed to a created account on GMail.

I will leave this one in place until someone can (or wants to) find out why SBC is being blocked.

I have no doubt that there are others in the very same predicament as I am - and no way solve it.

Bill

Note that the person who started this thread - Spiffy - was last seen on April 9th and never again. What good is starting a thread, getting everyone's hopes up that Something Will Be Done, and then never appearing again?

Bill
He may not be posting, but I'm sure he's reading....last logged in April 24...:cool:

That may very well be true. Now, if I can just interest someone official in checking to see why SBCglobal (AT&T) is being blocked all will be well - until the next glitch. :hehe:

Bill

Bill

I think Spiffy will be able to fix it now he has something to fix. I guess that previously any returned email just got lost in the system and was not picked up. It has to be the blocked-domain list they are using, as your email address works fine for me.

I hope you are going to stay on the forum now. Score one for the good guys.

Peter

I certainly hope this fixes things. I have had this problem now for almost three months and every time I reported it, I just got the stock "it ain't us - it must be you" answer.

Since the Help Desk has a separate login, I had better change that one to my new email also or I won't get any responses back from them either.

I'll try some responses in other threads and see if I get notified.

Bill

Bill

"it ain't us - it must be you"

In a way Auran were right, if SBCglobal was blocked due to an erroneous listing elsewhere over which Auran have no control, it would seem that the culprit was your ISP for not ensuring that the block was cleared on every list, but then, your ISP wouldn't know they are blocked unless they are told, (obviously they are not blocked on all lists), and you don't know because you don't get the returned mail message, and Auran don't know because the system does not show or accept returned messages. It looks as though it was a closed loop until we broke it today.

Honestly, I don't think you can point a finger at anyone, it was just a black hole in the net system. I'm glad your problem is finally fixed.

Peter

That may very well be true Peter, but the whole mess could have been avoided simply by someone checking to see if my emails were being bounced anywhere from there to here (like you and Craig did). Once we found SBC was being blocked I switched to another non-SBC email provider and the problem went away.

I had already checked with my ISP long ago and, after an exchange of six emails, I finally made their tech support understand what the problem was. Their claim was that they didn't know how to get the block removed.

I agree that it is a very large black hole in networking that really needs to be addressed on a larger scale, not just piecemeal from an oblique angle. The whole problem of how to block a very small portion of spammers without killing off an entire domain and wrecking comms for the other 99.9%.

Maybe it is just that SBC's Indians need to check with Auran.com's Indians and remove the block. :D

Bill

Hi Bill,

Its great to hear you and Peter may have solved this problem. I remember how frustrating it was for me not to receive my email notifications.

Craig
:):):)

Bill and Craig

I know this is getting a little off topic but let me broaden the scope of the problem. Ok. this happened to Bill because somehow his ISP has been blackballed. No-one knew this until we moved outside the loop.

What about all the complaints of not getting news letters or replies from the helpdesk. Could all these be a symptom of the same problem?

If everyone who suspects that they may be affected by this, sent themselves an email via the Auran forum system they could find out. They may have to ask someone else to do that. If they received their email they would know they are clear, otherwise they will know they too share the same problem.

Now we know this problem exists, it is possible to do something constructive to find its extent. It may solve a lot of problems.

Peter

Interestingly enough, after I changed email notification address I entered yet another Help Desk chit telling them that MAYBE the problem had been solved and to check and see if SBC was on some sort of blackball list. I still have not received any confirmation or reply email from them.

Perhaps they are too tied up in something else to answer their mail.

Bill

Feedback on Help Desk

I have posted two problems on the Help Desk. Both times I got a reply that basically said the issue had been passed to the development (or some such name) team and the ticket was closed.

This has to be wrong. The ticket should remain open until the issue is solved (or proved insolvable). Otherwise how will a response ever reach the person with the original problem?

David White
(retired Help Desk Manager, UN Vienna)

David,

You can go into the ticket and re-open it yourself if you are not satisfied with the response you got.

I had to resort to this during my quest for my long overdue TS2009 and it seemed to work. Each time I re-opened the ticket I got another resoponse 'till finally my issue was resolved.

However, I agree with you that the ticket should not be closed by helpdesk just because they have given you an initial reply.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Geoff,

Thanks -- actually that's exactly what I'm doing!

I made my post on this thread as the announcement of 'the new helpdesk' suggested feedback was welcome

best regards

David

Auran closed down?: Why are you not getting replies from Helpdesk

Has Auran closed down?

I believe the reason that people are not getting replies from the helpdesk is that Auran may (note may, not has) have closed down, but that doesn't explain that you can still upload to the download station.

Why do I say this? When I got an automated reply to my helpdesk concern, I thought something wasn't right, so I decided to do this:

Click on Whitepages Australia, and do a search for Auran, or Auran Games Pty Ltd. In the state menu, choose Queensland.

What results do you get?

Unlike about a few weeks ago, when I did the same search, the two Auran's phone number were listed in the phone directory search.

So I decided to ring the numbers that I had earlier on - but this time one number said please check the number (it was correct), while the other was some sort of disconnected message.

I investigated further, but Auran Games Pty Ltd is still listed as a registered business.

EDIT: The new search that has appeared on the Whitepages AU page equals same result.

Last edited:
No answer to corrupted files

Hello,

I'd like to add my case to the absence of the Auran helpdesk. I've been trying to download the TS2009 simulator for two days now - unsuccessfully.

The download itself works all right, but the files - setup-1a.bin and/or setup-1b.bin - are always corrupted ("CRC failed"). Does anyone know any solution to this, by the way?

I'm getting a bit annoyed and frustrated with this. And, as you guess, there has been no answer from helpdesk.

This is what I payed for?

Samuli

Red Rattler

That is some of the most blatant rumour mongering I have ever seen. If as you suspect, Auran were closed down, we would not be getting updates to the TS2009 Beta, latest as of this last week end, and posts on the TrainzDev forum as of yesterday. Has it occurred to anybody that Auran are working flat-strap to produce a program and may not have the staff available for the helpdesk.

Another distinct possibility is that they may be replying but you are not getting the email. This happened to Hiballer, Auran were sending him notification emails but as his ISP was blacklisted as a spammer, they did not get through. Once he change his email adddress in the profile, they all came through. Just to check, send yourselves a PM and an Email through the Auran system to see if you get both.

In response to the post just above, if the bin files are corrupted that is probably your download problem. All the Beta builds are downloaded and give no problems,and I fail to see how the Helpdesk can cure your problem.

Peter

As far as I'm concerned the "new" helpdesk is no better than the old one. Same old bollocky standardized replies, have you installed latest drivers, reinstall game etc, or if something original blame the user by saying must be something you did, no problem with the software. IMHO asking helpdesk about anything is a complete waste of time. Probably be better to have monkeys run it. Judging by the crew that do so now it's job's for the boys not ability or knowledge that has got them their jobs. SSDD.

Hi all I to thought that with the new helpdesk we would get any problems looked into and resolved faster but this is not the case.
I have had trouble with my 06 and CMP I cant download as I keep getting a red notice Download cant continue you have used your 10mb quota.
I have in fact not downloaded any thing for at least 5 days.
I have now posted at least 5 messasges to helpdesk and only got one reply back which did not help at all.
They all say that they are still open but despite that I have had no other message from helpdesk.
I have now posted a new mesage to helpdesk asking what is going on and why there has not been any other reply.
My problem has now been going on for 7 days you would have thought that at least they could tell me if they dont know how to fix it or given me some more advice.

Back