new computer

rrbobby

What is the best way to transfer my 2006 & 2004 content to my new computer. I plan to install my old backup HD to the new computer containing both 2006 & 2008 files. (Auran directaries)
Thanks, Robert Graves AKA rrbobby.

It's been years since I've used TRS04, so I'll let someone else comment on that, but as far as TRS06 goes, it's quite simple:

Just copy the "local" folder. All of your content should be in there.:) Also, you might want to copy the "assets.tdk" file in the main TRS06 directory, as well as the "assets.bku" file in the /Cache directory. As far as I know, these files are where Trainz stores all of the informatin about what content you have disabled in CMP (assuming you have), so unless you want to re-organize it all again, I'd suggest you copy them too!:)

Once you've taken care of the local folder and replaced the two "assets" files, you should be able to run TRS06 like nothing happened.

Hope this helps,
Patrick

Patrick
I have just followed your instruction and all well except the driver set up & driver commands are blank, therefore AI driving of a train is impossible. Do you have a fix for this. My change was from an XP machine to a Vista.

Ian

This sounds like a faulty install of SP1. You will have to completley wipe and reinstall TRS2006 and SP1, making sure that you are installing as administrator in compatability mode for Xp, and following all installation instructions for SP1.

2006 works fine now on Vista.
My thanks to -
rrbobby for asking the question in the first place.
Patrick Taylor89 for the first answer, which worked.
and
Captain Collins for the final answer which has now made my change to vista worth while.
'Line long and prosper Captain'
Thanks again to all

Ian

2006 works fine now on Vista.
My thanks to -
rrbobby for asking the question in the first place.
Patrick Taylor89 for the first answer, which worked.
and
Captain Collins for the final answer which has now made my change to vista worth while.
'Line long and prosper Captain'
Thanks again to all

Ian

Glad I could help:) Despite a lot of the negative comments I read about TRS06 and CMP, I've always found that it works just great for doing stuff like this and I'm glad you had a similar experience despite the faulty install.

Patrick

I have posted this in another thread, and I apologize for the redundancy...

My issue is that whenever I install the two assett files, trainz will not load up.

Am I missing service packs to trainz that is causing the freezing?

I can allow trainz to rebuild the assett files, but then certain items are missing dependencancies and it's a real pain.

Any help is appreciated and have a happy 4th (p.s. it's also my bday) :)

edit: ok, the service pack fixed it, but the driver commands are still missing. When installing the service pack it skipped over the assett file in the trainz directory, but I assumed it was ok since the file I am using is from an already updated version of trainz.

So I still need help... Thanks in advance

Last edited:
1. Happy birthday!
2. Happy (belated) 4th July

3. Did you install SP1 without changing content/running trainz first?

rrbobby

I did the following -
1 Backed up the 'local' folder in trainz, this holds all assets you are using on trainz, this may need zipping depending on size.
2 Uninstalled trainz completely including all contents folders.
3 Reinstalled trainz and SP 1, as I have a vista machine I used the program compatability wizard to install trainz as a XP program.
4 Unzipped and copied 'local' file contents to 'local' file in trainz.
This worked for me. It took about 2 hours to complete. I can now use CMP without it saying 'not responding'.
Neither were my idea I just put PatrickTaylor89 & CaptainCollins suggestion together and they worked.
Hope this useful.
Ian

Back