New Aircraft

Hi guys, yes my planes are grounded for a while too. :)

It will be a little while before I release the passenger aircraft, I am still working through compatibility issues and trying to get the triggers to work. Likewise passenger loading is not finished.

Making some progress, I have the pushback tractor working reasonably, I required to change the aircraft bogey positions, so you see why I need to get the models all working together, currently about a 60 hour week on the models.

n8phu, thanks for the offer, an Italian friend had sent me a useful drawing of airport operations, I had forgotten we need fire engines etc. Any suggestions would be welcome.

The A380 in AirFrance colours:

a380airfrance450.jpg

Ian

Last edited:
fantastic as usual Ian and greetings from Blackall Central QLD.........Dredd is now in the wastelands "LOL" Bill you should see the road trainz up here 4 trailers long........ooh tempting ...just like the ships you will work something out Ian.......man they look good as always..........................:wave: :wave: :udrool: :udrool: :p !!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackall, went through there once on the way to Townsville I think. g'day dreddy good to see you surface.

On Greenland my error it is iceland

cheers
pete

ad602000, yes, the volcano grounding all European air traffic is in Iceland.

dreddman, my aunt Betty lives in Blackall! Her son Joe owns the petrol station at the west end of town, you could drop in and say hi. Just mention my name

Happy Trainzing (and Planezing)
Scott. (Fitzpatrick, for Dreddman);)

fantastic as usual Ian and greetings from Blackall Central QLD.........Dredd is now in the wastelands "LOL" Bill you should see the road trainz up here 4 trailers long........ooh tempting ...just like the ships you will work something out Ian.......man they look good as always..........................:wave: :wave: :udrool: :udrool: :p !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Dredd, circa 1970; heading west of The Isa, three of us on bikes wisely pulled right off the highway for an oncoming road train. From memory five or seven trailers.
When the dust settled (& he was screaming along at about all of 30 mph), we walked over to where his wheel-tracks left the edge of the 'blacktop'. He'd 'dropped off' to the side as he approached us. Maybe he want'd to tempt us to continue?? :eek:
From what we could see, the wheel tracking deviation was within about 4 to 6 inches max!!!. The thing was really like on rails!

It would be so nice to see one trundling along beside Herbert's (Vinnybarb) Ghann.

:wave:

Ian your aircraft will be far superior to Qantas ones. At least with your care & attention to 'fiddly bits', they won't be falling out of the sky, or losing bits. Unless they perchance are bombz dropping onto unsuspecting smote-ees? :hehe::eek:

Hi Mark,

good to hear from you, miss those roadtrains:'( :'(
blackall.jpg

Been through Blackall a few times, always a good feed at the pub across from the postoffice.:udrool: :udrool:

Have to call in when I go that way next time.

Cheers,

Bill.

Ian, I have been following and downloading you aircraft. They are fantastic. On your web site you show an airport runway and I was wandering when you might be releasing that. It would be a great addition to the aircraft museum on my layout. Carl

Hi Mark, nice to see you are settled in your new home. I see Bill has given you the pub with no beer, no sign of beer on those road trains either, hope you took some supplies with you.

Thanks Ish for the encouragement.

Carl, the runway will be released, with the aircraft. I had in mind doing a demo map with models placed so users might understand how the assets work together. I am trying to finish taxiways in bitumen and concrete. One problem is that the junctions are fixed track and the spline taxiways show a different colour in Trainz.

I took a break for a couple of days to do a model of a Cat D9R dozer for a friend who had requested it, perhaps I can use it to speed up the runway construction. :)

catd9r2450.jpg

Back to the models tomorrow, I should try to finish the Lancaster and the DC3's as I am stuck with the script for the triggers for passenger aircraft at the minute.

Ian

Last edited:
The Lancaster was approved yesterday and is now on the DLS. The original gmax mesh was supplied by Wecsailor, used with approval.

lancaster2450.jpg

While I spent quite a bit of time adjusting the mesh, to make the animated landing gear, I am not completely happy with it. Anyway, I hope it is a useful addition. It does not have any special features, just the rear machine guns uses the horn sound.

I will upload the DC3 and the Sunderland in a few days.

Ian

Last edited:
Many thanks Ian, great work as usual. The time and creativity you spend creating content for us who do not have the talent to is so much appreciated.

Congratulations again on some mighty fine work.

Craig
:):):)

I didnt know lancs had a belly turret, I know the later ones had a nacelle there for equipment, but I dont think it was ever used as a turret, but I may be wrong. they had an armament of 8 x 303 machine guns 2 in the nose turret, 2 in the upper turret and 4 in the rear turret. the rear turret gunner was not a nice job, they had a life expectancy counted in minutes.

Hi Mark,

good to hear from you, miss those roadtrains:'( :'(
blackall.jpg

Been through Blackall a few times, always a good feed at the pub across from the postoffice.:udrool: :udrool:

Have to call in when I go that way next time.

Cheers,

Bill.

Hi Bill,

I owe you an big apology!. :eek:
I'd forgotten your great creations!. :eek:
Did you do any that are driveable? :D

Do you actually get to do a bit of travelling up that way??:)

Back