Need some good trees

autodctr

Looking for some really good American trees. My machine is quite powerful, so that is not an issue. What do you folks recommend? I tried looking back through other posts, but really couldn't find anything useful.

Thanks in advance!

Looking for some really good American trees. My machine is quite powerful, so that is not an issue. What do you folks recommend? I tried looking back through other posts, but really couldn't find anything useful.

Thanks in advance!
Rmm Trees are nice and there is a large amount of them.

Rmm Trees are nice and there is a large amount of them.
I use those mostly as well. RoysTrainz made some nice trees as well and there are those by McGuirel such as the Broadleaf, Maples, and some of the oaks. You need to experiment with these because they tend to be on the big side.

The problem I have with trees in particular is that each content creators has their own idea of how to do levels of detail (LOD). This results in a having a group of trees in the distance where some are visible from a certain distance with others suddenly popping up as you get closer. I suggest you experiment with various trees until you find a collection that work well together.

The problem I have with trees in particular is that each content creators has their own idea of how to do levels of detail (LOD). This results in a having a group of trees in the distance where some are visible from a certain distance with others suddenly popping up as you get closer. I suggest you experiment with various trees until you find a collection that work well together.
I agree. The issue I have is with spruce and pines. RMM's trees don't have needles up close but do in the distance. I'm not sure if this is a game engine issue due to the number of polys and textures needed to render the trees, or if it's his models. But the problem is, do we go back to cardboard cutouts? It's too bad that the old Mylar film billboards don't work any longer because there were some of those that looked pretty good in some instances.

I'll suggest SAM Plant and SAM Tree. I use them extensively with a nice appearance close and distance.
But you should mix trees of any source to gain a realistic texture and size view.

I agree. The issue I have is with spruce and pines. RMM's trees don't have needles up close but do in the distance. I'm not sure if this is a game engine issue due to the number of polys and textures needed to render the trees, or if it's his models. But the problem is, do we go back to cardboard cutouts? It's too bad that the old Mylar film billboards don't work any longer because there were some of those that looked pretty good in some instances.
Have you tried updating older trees with the JVC /Harold Minky method ?, It improves billboard trees to a large extent, but in trs2019 light from certain angles does give some unexpected affects. As usual, every iteration of trainz seems to render some previous tree assets useless. There are no plans to fix this problem, unless NV3 have changed their minds , its only a matter of time before all of them are going to either look incredibly outdated or they just wont work at all.

BTW for 3d creators, Cayden has released some good tree tutorials to use in blender which are online.

Have you tried updating older trees with the JVC /Harold Minky method ?, It improves billboard trees to a large extent, but in trs2019 light from certain angles does give some unexpected affects. As usual, every iteration of trainz seems to render some previous tree assets useless. There are no plans to fix this problem, unless NV3 have changed their minds , its only a matter of time before all of them are going to either look incredibly outdated or they just wont work at all.

BTW for 3d creators, Cayden has released some good tree tutorials to use in blender which are online.
I tried and they looked good until TRS19 when they looked like cardboard and have remained like that since. They had it right in T:ANE after breaking them in TS12. I agree there's no interest in foliage at all, sadly. I live in an area that's smothered in trees and getting that look without destroying my computer in the process is impossible.

Back