Need ideas on how to construct an overhead station concourse.

colhad

QR Clyde/GMs
Yes I'm really needing ideas for how to construct an overhead concourse, finding the right buildings, using bridges and steps/ramps. Like what you'd see on a suburban railway.

Could someone suggest a good suburban route that has well detailed stations, I do look at what people have done to get ideas.

Please help with suggestions folks.

Thank you.

I have used anything from retaining walls and concrete slabs and then covered parts with paving splines. All buildings are just raised to sit on top.

Building-over-a-railway.jpg

Last edited:
You might want to check out some of the Japan routes. They use a lot of elevated track and stations.
I'm downloading Japan Elevated as I type this message. There is no picture of it on the DLS so I don't really know what I'm downloading but I'll check it out. If you know of anymore, provided they're on the DLS as well as the dependancies, hope to hear about them.

You might want to check out some of the Japan routes. They use a lot of elevated track and stations.
I cloned one of the viaduct splines and changed the track from 42-inch gauge to standard gauge and I've used that on numerous routes afterwards.

Take care when using the viaducts, @colhad. They can get squirrely, and the track ends up twisting on the ends and can't be undone. The only solution is to redo the viaduct all over again.

<kuid:338927:100523> Icarus Shinkansen v 1.5 POB TRS19 Plt. A very good WIP route by pagroove that should have some newer versions somewhere.
<kuid2:429398:100003:13> Japan - Model Trainz
<kuid:501228:100453> [JP] Nambu Brach Line by Rizky is third party I think, and I have no indication where I downloaded it from. Maybe someone else knows.
<kuid2:300193:100129:4> Chiyoda Branch Line - This is payware

<kuid:338927:100523> Icarus Shinkansen v 1.5 POB TRS19 Plt. A very good WIP route by pagroove that should have some newer versions somewhere.
<kuid2:429398:100003:13> Japan - Model Trainz
<kuid:501228:100453> [JP] Nambu Brach Line by Rizky is third party I think, and I have no indication where I downloaded it from. Maybe someone else knows.
<kuid2:300193:100129:4> Chiyoda Branch Line - This is payware
I will check those out, thank you.

Back