Something I need to get off my chest (for certain users to consider)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Moderators - if any posts on this thread break the Code of Conduct, please remove the individual post concerned rather than locking or removing the entire thread please.

Hi Trainzers,

This is not my normal type of post, but it's something I need to get off my chest, and is one of the reasons why I'm looking to take a break from this forum.

This will probably only apply to a small minority of users but it's worth reading anyway. I also do not wish to see any malicious comments on this thread either, and if moderators need to remove any malicious posts they are welcome to do so. Note that I am not naming individuals here as I don't feel it's fair for me to do so.

I've noticed that a small minority of users here have chosen to outright bash and be nasty/derogatory to N3V and even in some cases cause problems for individual members outside the forums including threats towards them. This is completely out of order and is something I'm sick and tired of seeing on here and other forums. No one should have to face some of the comments I see directed towards N3V whether in a working environment or not, and no-one should be threatened inside or outside the forum environment . I cannot personally see what being nasty towards N3V staff will achieve apart from making things worse for those who are engaged in doing such activities.

I've also noticed that members like me who want to see Trainz get better and better seem to be referred to as fanboys just because people like me don't wish to bash N3V. This in my opinion is also wrong and out of order and should not happen. It seems to be the same ones who are bashing N3V who are also making the comments about fanboys. Just because there is a want to help improve Trainz does not make me or people who are in the same thought pattern fanboys.

Note that I am not in any way saying that N3V are perfect. I know that there are parts that need to be improved but I don't turn it into an outright bashing of them. This is where encouragement on the parts that they are doing right and calm advice and suggestions on parts that could be done better are important.

In terms of Trainz itself, I know and accept that most of it needs to be improved and that it's not perfect and I'm all for helping make that happen. I also know that constructive criticism is an important part of helping that process happen which is what the majority of forum members here do including myself. It's the minority of users here that choose the destructive criticism path (which are usually the ones who are also bashing N3V) that are making the process harder.

I agree that we are all entitled to our own opinions although like everything there is a time and a place for such opinions. If it's something that you wouldn't say to someone face to face, then why say it on here? It seems that being behind a keyboard and the anonymity of a username seems to say to people that they can put what they want without fear of repercussions which isn't actually the case in a world where IP addresses can be tracked.

For those who fit into the group I mention above, please give this some consideration before you make your next destructive post either here or on other forums. As the saying goes, treat someone how you would like to be treated yourself.

This is my two cents on this topic. If anyone wants to copy this onto any forum that they run in the current format, they are welcome to.

Apologies for the rant, but it's something I feel needed to be said in a format that hopefully complies with the Code of Conduct. If anything I've put here is not clear, let me know. If a moderator feels that my post has broken any rules please let me know so I can make corrections.

One other thing. I will not stand for any malice towards me or any other posters as a result of this thread, and I will look into getting action taken against anyone who chooses to do so.

Shane

Last edited:
I thought you were taking a break. You know it might be best to stop continuing this line of N3V is good/N3V is bad and the rants and all that and just drop it.

Hi Justin,

I am taking a break at the moment but I've had enough of the personal attacks of certain members on this forum towards other members as well as N3V. It is those people who need to stop - I wouldn't need to rant if there wasn't any personal attacks.

Thankyou for your response though.

Shane

I see lots of words, but not much substance, and certainly nothing new added.
Do you not think that this is yet another thread which is just adding to the issues you are outlining in your post. Isn't that somewhat self defeating?

Having a rant to express your displeasure with personal attacks is not going to stop the personal attacks. It only serves to make another post with inflammatory content; You only add fuel to the flame. Trust me I have had enough of a lot of people and with what a lot of people here on the forum do, but ranting about it would get me nowhere.

Having a rant to express your displeasure with personal attacks is not going to stop the personal attacks. It only serves to make another post with inflammatory content; You only add fuel to the flame. Trust me I have had enough of a lot of people and with what a lot of people here on the forum do, but ranting about it would get me nowhere.

Thankyou for your comments Justin. I've given up with other methods so far so I'm having to try the direct approach.

Shane

Thankyou for your response Nicky9499. I'm simply trying to be helpful in this forum and other forums but some users here and elsewhere are making that difficult for me and making me a bit stressed out. Whilst I know ignoring is an option, it's hard to ignore some users if they are resorting to attacking others.

Shane

I think I need to. I just wish some people would just leave me and others (including N3V) alone without resorting to personal attacks , but it seems that's just too much to ask.

Shane

Thankyou to those who have taken time to read my post. As I said in the OP, this is not my normal type of post, and I wouldn't normally be writing it. I'm just feeling stressed out due to the personal attacks that have been going on and I just don't know what to do anymore.

Shane

Don't take it too seriously. Some people try to be nice, some try to be mean and other just can't help it. And as you said, the anonymity of these posts emboldens some to say things they would never dare in person. So take that well earned rest and return refreshed.

Thankyou Martin. I appear to be well known for taking things seriously both on and off the forums - could be related to my autism although I'm never sure nowadays.

I apologise if I've offended anyone through this post, but I felt at the time it just needed to be said.

Shane

I thought you were taking a break. You know it might be best to stop continuing this line of N3V is good/N3V is bad and the rants and all that and just drop it.
Take your break, Shane. There's nothing helpful about this thread.
Hard to draw the line between my personal and my "moderator" point of view (yes, those can and are often different), but I agree with the above two statements.

Leave handling the personal attacks to the moderation team.
Click on that tiny triangle below a post, put in a decent description of why you think something is wrong (I am sure you can), and move on.
Really, move on. The last thing I hope to end up doing in my unpaid "moderator" job is having to start handing out infractions to you, Shane.

This is not a thread (or threat?) or warning or anything except for a well intended / friendly advise.

To avoid more friendly and/or less friendly "advise" between people, I am putting a lock on this thing.

If you, Shane, disagree on that, feel free to "report" this post so the moderator team can judge if unlocking is fitting (or complain to Zec).

I'll post what I like, where I like and when I like.
As long as you do so within the limits of the CoC, go for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back