Narrow gauge "multiple industry" asset tracks

RJPugh

V-Gauge pioneer
Hello, trackers.

I have found the "multiple industry new" track to be one of the most useful assets available. I know that there are several industry structures out there with pre-programed tracks, and for commodities that match particular structure types those are great. But I've got some commodities that don't play nice with most of the pre-programed industry tracks. The "multiple industry new" track lets me program a section of track to load/upload a commodity of my liking, and then I can select whatever structure seems appropriate. You probably know the asset I'm talking about.

Is there a version out there for 3-foot narrow gauge? I've found several industry structures with pre-programed tracks (mines and lumber mills mostly), but not a generic one that can be tailored as desired. I have a narrow gauge line servicing some of the more remote sections of my layout, and I want to program small industries and passenger platforms into these areas. So if there is a "multiple industry new" asset for 3-foot narrow gauge, what is it called? I've looked around and haven't found one. It could be that it is named in a language I don't understand, or it has a title I may not have thought of. Because of language differences in the Trainz community, the nature of some assets isn't always clear on a quick glance.

If there isn't such a thing out there, is there a tutorial, how-to or FAQ out there describing how I may be able to build or "kitbash" such an asset?

Thanks in advance,

RJPugh

G'day RJPugh,

...provided that the 'author' of the MIN track you most commonly use has not supplied the "useadjoiningtracktype" tag with the value "0" in the config.txt file that accompanies the asset, you will find that no matter which 'track' he may have specified to have the 'industry' display in Trainz, the minute you attach your preferred Narrow Gauge track to one end of it, the "Industry Track" will change, accordingly...

Jerker {:)}

G'day RJPugh,

...provided that the 'author' of the MIN track you most commonly use has not supplied the "useadjoiningtracktype" tag with the value "0" in the config.txt file that accompanies the asset, you will find that no matter which 'track' he may have specified to have the 'industry' display in Trainz, the minute you attach your preferred Narrow Gauge track to one end of it, the "Industry Track" will change, accordingly...

:D
Is that a fact? Well that's certainly useful! Thanks! That would simplify a lot of things.

If my MIN track of choice has the tag you mention, will removing or changing it allow for track variation?

-R

G'day RJPugh,

Yes, Sir, either way but be aware that if you opt to change the value, you can only change it to "1", as the parameter for the tag MUST be a Boolean value. If you remove it, then the Trainz 'interpreter' will assume the 'default' value for the tag (which happens to be "1", which = "true"), so as to allow for the alteration to the track to take place. Also be aware that any changes of this nature that you make to other's 'works', can only apply to your individual installation. If you subsequently upload a route containing any asset altered in this way, those who download it will need to make the same alterations at their end specifically, otherwise the route will not 'work' as you intended it (their Content Manager can only download the original as a dependency - if the asset isn't already there - and it won't alter it if it is)...

I checked a number of different tracks inc MINs and only found 1 item that didn't change the track to narrow guage,
cheers,
Mike

Back