Naming a New Engineer

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
I have a question or two. I had a consist with four engines in front. The consist was named "Freddy" I believe. When I De-coupled the front two engines, the remaining two and all the consist hopper cars didn't have a name and I couldn't issue this consist any orders. Is there a way to fix this? I want the remaining engines and consist to be able to take and perform orders.

Also, is there a way to rework a TRAILER? I'm talking about the ones that are loaded and unloaded at the HP Intermodel Hub. I would like to put a different logo on the side of a trailer and have it load and unload. I looked at the files but there didn't seem to be an art file that was editable (in Photoshop).

I'm not trying to name my "train CARS." I would like to have the remaining ENGINES be named. Can I do that??? Is there a way??? Or do I have to start a new session without any formed consists?

Oh well.....

I'm not trying to name my "train CARS." I would like to have the remaining ENGINES be named. Can I do that??? Is there a way??? Or do I have to start a new session without any formed consists?

Oh well.....

If I understand you, engine #1 is in front of #2, #3, and #4. #1 and #2 are de-coupled, leaving #3 in front of #4 and the remainder of the consist.

If you have an extra UNASSIGNED driver, you can use the MOVE TO TRAIN command for engine #3 ( or #4 ). A plus sign will appear, and you place it on top of the locomotive you want him to run, either #3 or #4. Now you can issue commands to this previously UNASSIGNED driver, who is now ASSIGNED to say engine #3. In effect, you are issuing commands to the DRIVER, not to the consist. Or, as Michael Evans pointed out, assign drivers to each locomotive before you start your session. Otherwise, in DRIVER SETUP, add another driver, but do not assign a locomotive. Leave it blank, and when needed, you have an UNASSIGNED DRIVER to place in any locomotive on the layout.

I hope this solves the problem.:confused:

Last edited:
The Intermodal trailer's logos are part of the textures on the car. If the logo is a separate texture file you could replace them. If the logo is part of a larger texture file you'll have over paint them with a graphics program.

Bob

Back