My new WIP route - Southern Railway

nathanmallard

Hi all,
Recently I have started on a new route, set on the Southern Railway somewhere between London and Basingstoke, in the years immediately after World War 2 (1945-1950). This is rather convenient, as I can run both early BR and SR stuff without causing any virtual time paradoxes :confused:. It is very, very WIP (I only started on it tonight) but I thought I should share some screenshots showing it's early progress:
367d2a8e3e444c9b625ce4383bca74d4.jpg

Jayholland's wonderful Q Class pulling a train of emptys past Atlingstoke town, at the very beginning of the route.
7b9a64da8982017e8d6ba4c497ff0456.jpg

Atlingstoke Station. None of these shots show the station itself very well, sorry.
0a1ac09d0fef2dee286d48c5e2a5fdce.jpg

Waddersly Junction, the next station along. Here, the third track (furthest from the camera) leaves the mainline and ends in a portal.
I would like to thank Jayholland for creating the locos and EMU's that were the impetus for this route, they are truly excellent and make a wonderful addition to my locomotive collection.

Looks like a great start to me :) one thing I may suggest, there's a point lever on the DLS called "White Manual Yard Lever". Might look more in place in the late 1945-1950 period than the default red point lever and I think it looks so much better :)

Jack

Hi Nathanmallard.

Liking your WIP screenshots very much. My own 17+ mile branch line route & its surrounding landscape is slowly under construction based upon the former 1847 - 1968 railway line across the Cambridgeshire / Norfolk Fenlands.

Keep up the good work on your SR/BR route ;)

Andy.

As a creator of a massive Southern Railway project myself, I can't help but express my excitement and give you my upmost support Nathan. It's been too long that we've had no proper place to operate Southern Region Locomotives and Rolling Stock and I think that your route will make a great step in resolving this.

I had the LBSCR N15X Class commissioned from Camscott in preparation for such a route. Given how most of the N15Xs were Basingstoke Engines, I hope they provide good use to you once the route is complete.

I'm cheering for you Nathan! Let's both do our best to create some seriously good Southern Routes!!

Back