Multiplayer UMR 2013 Summer

UMR, USA Pototype Multiplayer Route and Montana Rail Link all use content that is built in or on the DLS. And none of it is third party or payware. Try do a Quick and/or Extended database repair after downloading any of those routes.

And rebel, that's all right, you really aren't missing too much on TS. If you could hear the guys on UMR, its a bunch of old farts making you very hungry by talking about BBQing. And on MRL its us younger guys yapping about our favorite trains. So in that sense, you might be lucky. But there is all ways the in-game chat box that you may use rebel.

Hi I did repaired database and work ;)but umr summer is password!! :'( I stuck with it until someone pm to me ?:(

John

Well Im glad that worked. They put a PW on it to prevent people from coming in and crashing trains or messing around. And also to keep some undesirables out of the session. I guess there where a few kids that would come in and trash talk others or some thing like that. But, and I don't intend to distract too must from UMR on a UMR topic, there are a few other fun routs and sessions you could try out, such as my MRL 2.2 (Sessions almost every Friday), or Port Ogden and Northern.

And of course you can host a session on any of these routes. But with the limited number of people who actively play MP, Id say that might not be a good idea. At last count, I have about 5 people, my self included, that regularly run MRL. I dont know how many people regularly run on UMR, but the times I have been there I have seen about 4 or 5 others.

I guess there where a few kids that would come in and trash talk others or some thing like that.

More than that. There were instances of session sabotage: players would collect a large amount of rolling stock or locomotives, then drive them in such a way that if they are still on the rails when the player logs off, not only is it a miracle, it's parked on the mainline or over a major switch, preventing others from playing normally. Massive derailments were not uncommon when the session was open to all.

@rebel57: TeamSpeak3 is an essential part of the session and is now required to join. To get the session password, download and install TeamSpeak3, then connect with the following parameters:

Server Address: 66.45.231.18
Nickname: Your Planet Auran username
Password: <leave blank>

Ask for permission to join from the online server admin, they'll conditionally give you the password. While playing, pay attention to your location, speed, signals, and junctions. When diverging from, merging on, or crossing over the mainline, be sure to reset your points when clear. If you're unsure what you want to do, the server admin can double as UMR Dispatch.

Personally I don,t think people set out to sabotage the session but I do think a handful of people play the session with a total disregard for other players who take any number of locomotives they feel like, trains with far too many cars, leaving the train where they feel like and possibly the worst of all failing to reset switches for the main like Scottbe said. It,s a shame the number of people playing UMR has fallen but they, like myself move on to other projects and they are not being replaced quickly enough. I try to play it whenever I can but I have my own route now. If we had a lot more people playing it we could have at least one controller or a dispatcher at, say, Palmer to control train movements which would have prevented the bad accident at Palmer the other day.

About this:
@rebel57: TeamSpeak3 is an essential part of the session and is now required to join.
I found this a few posts above yours:
But I can't use Teamspeak Voice Comm, because I am Deaf !!!!
;)

About this:
It,s a shame the number of people playing UMR has fallen
I agree; it is a pitty less people join the UMR.
I think the reason is that a lot of people see a locked session and have no clue how to get the password. I know the "how to" is posted here, but it might be a smart idea to set this in the first line of the Server Description (currently the first line you read there states "open session" which aint the case anymore). A simple line like "password can be gained via accessing Team Speak; find details below" might result in more attendance to the UMR as people then know how to get access.
And even knowing how to get the password might keep people away. Taking myself as an example: I liked to join recently after a few days of content creation just to drive around a bit but then I remembered having to install TS and figuring out the details and tired as I was decided to go do something else. Still got no clue about the password, I probably make the same decision later today again "to tired to go figure out TS; I'll go do something else" (and yes, I know how easy it is to set it up).

Just me 2 cents.

Not only that, most of the drivers speed and don't follow the rules and that ends up causing a accident. Then again some TV show says in America on average 300 derailments a day so if your trying to protray what a real railroad does you doing a good job:hehe:.

Hi I had same one I think that third party or payware dependencies as USA Pototype Multiplayer Route and Montana Rail Link too!!????

But I can't use Teamspeak Voice Comm, because I am Deaf !!!!

John

TeamSpeak has text chat as well. Prior to entering the session, you can type a request for the password into the chatbox. Once you are in the session, Trainz iChat can serve as your Dispatch message system. Whenever Dispatch needs to talk to you, they'll type the message into the iChat. Make sure the chat window is wide enough to fit all messages, as Auran has yet to figure out how to wrap text.

download error issues

I'm trying to join the session, however it's giving me errors that there are assets etc.... that are not bulit in or available on download station. Does anyone have any suggestions of beginning where to look?

Thanks!

Can you please ensure that your anti-virus and your firewall are not blocking the processes named 'ContentManager.exe', TrainzUtil.exe', 'TADDaemon.exe' and 'Trainz.exe'? If they are, please make exceptions for them in both your anti-virus and firewall..

i got this email from auran cause i was having issues... it works once you enable the firewall with all 3 .EXE files in the exceptions and you anti-virus

The servers do seem to struggle with the UMR. Heck, they have a hard time relaying consist information in the Southern China and Debrecen-Nyiregyháza sessions. The problem might lie in the algorithm by which train speeds and positions are communicated between client and server with error. A successful communication scheme should have the following properties. If a train is unassigned, has its driver removed, or is decoupled from an active locomotive, its location and brake status will automatically be sent to the server. If products are added or removed to a car or industry, that information is synchronized as well. If a client's information is outside of 3 deviations from what is on the server, the client will automatically move the outlying object to the reported mean location - this does not apply to consists that are directly under said client's control.

The client sends information about their own control state (throttle/brake or DCC) changes, AI driver commands, and couple/decouple requests to the server as they happen, as well as regular location updates and queries to ensure synchronization. The server then relays this same information to all clients; the turnaround time is used to compute latency. If a data send request fails, the game tries to resend up to four times before kicking the client off the server. If the latency exceeds 2000 ms, the game should attempt to reconnect.

Network data should include the following: locations, speeds, and consist associations of rolling stock; locations of drivers with respect to locomotives; assignment of drivers to players; AI commands; product loads; and signal states.

Pass word is to keep those that want to collect a lot of engines(10)and 4 cars and wreck them,or 120 cars.It hard to replace them in a multiplayer session.

Why are we still debating this? If I am not mistaken it was made clear a few posts ago why its in place can't we accept that? By the way you know if you really want to get on and have the password then go onto Teamspeak like everyone said.

Hmm... Could've sworn that question's been asked and answered already in this thread...

EDIT: I added the Teamspeak info to the OP, please read and understand before joining.

Last edited:
Back