Multi Industry issue

Exactly!

Trainz is much more than a game or even a simple simulator. That said, you could just "play the game or simulation" with the routes and sessions that came with the game or purchasable as Download Content (DLC) from N3V and others such as Jointed Rail.

But, to many of us, Trainz/Tane is something you can build on to create your own world and that's when it becomes more difficult and, for some, much more interesting and definitely more fun. But it has its pitfalls as well.

In answer to your point above, Trainz provides a base for building and running railroads. An asset usually, but not always, inherits default behaviours from its base object. An asset maker, such as those who make locomotives can add scripts to change the default behaviour of the asset. This might include adding smoke effects, special animation, and literally hundreds of other options.

Getting back to the original post about industries: These are complex objects and their behaviour is very much influenced by the traincar (vehicle) that uses the industry. In fact, it is the traincar object that actually controls the load or unload operation. There are a lot of procedures/methods called in both the industry and traincar objects plus other libraries. The asset builder has to insert various bits of code to start/stop animation and start/stop sound and smoke effects. Add to that the detection of load/unload points via triggers and the whole thing can be very tricky.

I'll admit I had trouble getting Multiple Industry New to work. So I went and built my own instead. :)

In my case it's also become an engineering, geological, urban, rural, historic, biological, vegetal, etc. challenge; let alone run a railway. Granted the learning curve is quite steep, and a lot of things need improvement, but it's pretty damn cool.

You may have noticed that I have been absent from this thread. Why? because what I had to say, someone has already said it. Just to add, after the last SP, the problem still happens. M.I.N new (red arrows) works about the way it is supposed, but using those M.I.N.'s with green arrows, accept 4 commodities. Add a 5th one and in "tracks" will not show. It does not matter what commodity is, so that statement that some commodities are too old, is not the cause. Now add that the commodity picker does not show anything, so you can't assign any commodity to any car, and we have a missing leg to the table. Of course that may happen only to me.. does it?

You may have noticed that I have been absent from this thread. Why? because what I had to say, someone has already said it. Just to add, after the last SP, the problem still happens. M.I.N new (red arrows) works about the way it is supposed, but using those M.I.N.'s with green arrows, accept 4 commodities. Add a 5th one and in "tracks" will not show. It does not matter what commodity is, so that statement that some commodities are too old, is not the cause. Now add that the commodity picker does not show anything, so you can't assign any commodity to any car, and we have a missing leg to the table. Of course that may happen only to me.. does it?

You are not alone. But I've had difficulty with the third and even second commodity, which do work with the N3V MIN (red arrows). It would be nice to have a reliable 20 or 30 M MIN.

:B~(

You are not alone. But I've had difficulty with the third and even second commodity, which do work with the N3V MIN (red arrows). It would be nice to have a reliable 20 or 30 M MIN.

:B~(
If the first or second item has problems, delete the M.I.N and put a new one. There you should have at least 4. More? have no idea why sometimes you can some you don't (with same commodities). For shorter than the 40 mt red arrows, I have been able to use one made by Vincent. Another detail is that the ones with red arrows can't be set to elevation, but the ones with green arrows do. Then I added something at config file, and now my M.I.N. with red arrows can be moved up or down.

I've had a lot of trouble with the MIN tracks as well. I found a way out of this, if you're willing to try it.

You can download a pre-programmed industry track, clone it, and modify it to suit your needs.

Example: PL Steel Products 1 KUID2:105915:100138:2

Clone it, open the config text, rename it, and replace the original product KUIDS with your products' KUIDs in the KUID table.

I think that's all it took. I remade mine a while ago, so a little rusty on the specifics.

Make sure to write down your KUIDs ahead of time.

As for use/distribution, he marked it as freeware in his license.

I've had a lot of trouble with the MIN tracks as well. I found a way out of this, if you're willing to try it.

You can download a pre-programmed industry track, clone it, and modify it to suit your needs.

Example: PL Steel Products 1 KUID2:105915:100138:2

Clone it, open the config text, rename it, and replace the original product KUIDS with your products' KUIDs in the KUID table...

Yes, I've done that with at least one, turning a coal loader into a gravel loader, for my own use, but for release on the DLS there might be copyright issues, so I prefer to use available generic MINs for my uploaded routes.

llebrez -- I've seen the issue with the JR MIN and the ones with Deutschespraeche and ?Hungarian labels. Replacing the offender with one of the same seems like banging your head on the wall. Einstein's dictum about repeating an action and expecting different results comes to mind.

:B)

Back