Most commonly used routes?

Spawn_of_Chaos97

Trainz for Everyone!
Hey guys, s'been a while. I just bought and installed TS12, but I'm stuck with the default routes. I'm wondering which routes are most often used for multiplayer runs so I can actually enjoy the multiplayer aspect of the sim.

UMR has a session up 24/7. Look for UMR 2013. Also, MRL is a good one. The again, Im the guy working on it. I host a session every Friday.

What is UMR? DLS route?

I need to try out multiplayer some time as my current layout intends to be used for it :)

Cheers

Stupid 100mb DL limit. It's going to literally take me at least a week to download the entire route, all its dependencies, and all of its dependency's dependencies...especially since just the route and session are like 1.09 GB...

:eek:

Edit:

Also, among the dependencies for the session is "CRAP GP30." ...lulz?!

Last edited:
You should buy a FST (First Class Ticket) if you can afford one. Getting a short term one is not expensive and it will allow you to download these routes much more quickly.

Then patience is the key.
I downloaded both large routes without a FCT. Took about ~17 days, but I wasnt in a hurry (or in other words: Didnt need to catch a train).
I think it is worth the wait.

When the Good Lord handed out patience I was last in the queue.

Too bad for you then.

I've been irritated with Auran about the 100MB limit since TRS2006 lol...not much I can do about it, so I'll definitely put up with it. Just...still irritated, six years later...:n::eek:

So actually, while we wait, what's different between TS2010 multiplayer and TS12 multiplayer? If anything, that is.

Last edited:
The 100mb limit is only there if you don't have the FTC. Its their way of incourging you to get and FTC. Took about and hour to download all of UMR13 on a clean install of trs12.

As for the drffreance between trs10 and 12, its not much that you'll notice. But there are many improvements under the hood of the game. Making mp in trs12 much better then trs10.

I think he was comparing TS12 to Train Simulator 2012 (i.e. Railworks 3). In which case the difference is obvious: TS12 has it, the competitor lacks it.

The answer lies in the thread "How do I join Multiplayer Games?" a little way below this one. For my sins I,m still hosting Montana Rail Link and I need more drivers!,lol so I hope you can join my session. The pay is lousy but it is fun. I wrote detailed instructions on how to join a session which should get you in the session in most cases. Like I said I,m in Teamspeak if you want to talk to me directly. I hope to see you soon.

Last edited:
Back