Most annoyed about TRS22

zuluking

After days of converting items from texture.txt to tga( and about 1000 to go) I find the payware items are in texture .txt and cannot be converted tga.
The whole progress of porting TRS19 into TRS22 is also a real pain as lots of items were also not transferred.

Good Afternoon Zuluking
It sounds like you are trying to open for edit and then import builtin/payware assets from TRS19 to TRS22. Please note that this is not the recommended or supported method for builtin or DLC content (nor recommended for DLS content), as you have found.

You can, if you wish to transfer everything, make a copy of your TRS19's LocalData folder and then pointing TRS22 to this, using this guide: https://support.trainzportal.com/in...22/moving-or-creating-a-new-local-data-folder

Otherwise, if you wish to be more selective, you can transfer content you have made yourself (or that is imported from CDP files) by following this guide (https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Importing_Content ); DLS content is best downloaded from the DLS again but can also be transferred this way if you wish; DLC and builtin content should in this case be downloaded and installed again through the Content Store.

Regards

Good Afternoon Zuluking
It sounds like you are trying to open for edit and then import builtin/payware assets from TRS19 to TRS22. Please note that this is not the recommended or supported method for builtin or DLC content (nor recommended for DLS content), as you have found.

You can, if you wish to transfer everything, make a copy of your TRS19's LocalData folder and then pointing TRS22 to this, using this guide: https://support.trainzportal.com/in...22/moving-or-creating-a-new-local-data-folder

Otherwise, if you wish to be more selective, you can transfer content you have made yourself (or that is imported from CDP files) by following this guide (https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Importing_Content ); DLS content is best downloaded from the DLS again but can also be transferred this way if you wish; DLC and builtin content should in this case be downloaded and installed again through the Content Store.

Regards
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I did however copy the app data file from TRS19 across to TRS22. Tomorrow I will start again and see what happens.
regards

Good Afternoon Zuluking
In this case, please try right clicking on any builtin or 'packaged, payware' assets that are showing any sort of errors, and then click on 'revert to original'. This will ensure that they are reverted to their builtin/packaged states.

Regards

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I did however copy the app data file from TRS19 across to TRS22. Tomorrow I will start again and see what happens.
regards
Hi. Sorry to bug you but I have got lost.
1. Copied trs19 app data to new folder TRS22DATA
2. Opened Launcher and got lost here.
Regards
Zuluking

Open settings on the launch and select the install tab. Change the path to point at the build folder in the new folder you copied. Do a DBR and all should be fine.

This where I get lost because I cannot find a way to get further with the instal.
I thank you for your assistance in this regard,

Once you have the install tab open go to the window that shows a path to a build folder, maybe like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\TANE\build xxxxxxxx
You need to change that address/path to show the way to your new folder TRS22DATA.
Click on the three dots to the right of the above address and look for your TRS22DATA folder.
You then need to enter that folder and look for the build xxxxxxxx folder. The path must end at build xxxxxxxx then save or exit the install tab and relaunch and do a DBR.

Once you have the install tab open go to the window that shows a path to a build folder, maybe like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\TANE\build xxxxxxxx
You need to change that address/path to show the way to your new folder TRS22DATA.
Click on the three dots to the right of the above address and look for your TRS22DATA folder.
You then need to enter that folder and look for the build xxxxxxxx folder. The path must end at build xxxxxxxx then save or exit the install tab and relaunch and do a DBR.
Do you use the trs19 launcher or trs22 laubcher. The three dots on on launcher just goes to windows explorer. Sorry but I cannot perhaps see the trees for the wood.

You use the launch window of the version you are going to use, TRS22. The three dots should open up the computer to find all the drives. You then have to look around your computer drives for the new folder you created. Once found you will need to look inside for the build folder.

You use the launch window of the version you are going to use, TRS22. The three dots should open up the computer to find all the drives. You then have to look around your computer drives for the new folder you created. Once found you will need to look inside for the build folder.
After the 3 dots is the folder trs22 data? There is no build number showing and a data repair flies trough without any data transferred which should be 136 gigs. Is it possible to confer via Skype

zuluking, I think I know part of the probjem. You said that when you click on those three dots, it takes you to Windows Explorer. It does not. Take a closer look at the window that opens. Granted, it resembles Widows Explorer, but what it really is is a directory selection dialog window, much like a file selection window, except you select a directory. The problem I have with it is that it opens at the root, where you start by selecting the drive instead of opening at the parent of the data directory currently in use. You have to navigate to the new location you want Trainz to use, then click on the Select (Select folder?) button in the lower right corner of the window. I hope this helps.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what is written, but it sounds like zuluking is still importing directly into the TRS22data folder rather than copying the 19 data to a new folder and then changing trs22 settings to read from the new folder.
It is likely that I may be misunderstanding the directions as well. (I don't have trs22.) Does he change 22 to read the new folder and then change it back to the original 22data folder after importing the 19data?

Does he change 22 to read the new folder and then change it back to the original 22data folder after importing the 19data?
He could, but it wouldn`t help and might do harm. Recommendation: don`t.

A quick tip to make selecting trainzbase directories easier: When creating the new directory, go to the editable address bar near the top of the Windows Explorer window, copy that and paste it into the editable address bar near the top of the Select Folder window. Better yet, navigate the Select Folder dialog to where you want to create the new directory and right-click on the empty space inside the listing. On the resulting pop-up menu is an option to create a new folder. Do that, enter a name for it, make sure that it is selected, and click the Select button. If you want to create the new directory in the same place as the others, you can copy the path to the existing location (important: minus the last part) from the text widget left of the three dots before clicking on the dots, and paste that into the address bar of the Select Folder dialog. If you forget to leave off the last part of the path, you`ll have to go up one level in the dialog. Oops, this looks a bit complicated and will likely help only people who use the dialog to understand the tip. I apologize to anyone who gets snowed under by this tip. Perhaps someone else can rephrase this to make it more accessible to newbies. I promise to not be offended. I usually either underexplain or overexplain; `tis difficult to get the right level, sometimes.

It does work fine copying over the database, or linking to the old database. I did this from every Trainz version since TRS2004. More recently however, I have found installing any and all DLC in the fresh install and only copying over the local and original folders from the old version to the new yields better performance after running the prerequisite DBR.

JCitron, in case you are referring to the first paragraph of my response, please note that the message I replied to was talking about pointing version A at version B`s database, performing the import into version B`s database with version A, and restoring version A to using its own database.

Now this could very easily not be what the poster meant, but it is what he wrote, and that`s all I have to go by. I stand by my comments in this particular situation: Best to import content into version B`s database with version B. Perhaps I was as much too concise in that part as I probably was too verbose in the second. 🤷‍♂️

JCitron, in case you are referring to the first paragraph of my response, please note that the message I replied to was talking about pointing version A at version B`s database, performing the import into version B`s database with version A, and restoring version A to using its own database.

Now this could very easily not be what the poster meant, but it is what he wrote, and that`s all I have to go by. I stand by my comments in this particular situation: Best to import content into version B`s database with version B. Perhaps I was as much too concise in that part as I probably was too verbose in the second. 🤷‍♂️
He most likely was attempting to do just as we both thought. The rest of your post was a bit obtuse, like one of those high school math word problems. :D The point is K I S S.

Sorry. If you think you think you can paraphrase it without changing the meaning, gopher it!

Meanwhile, a summary of what was intended: Easiest to create the new trainzbase directory inside the directory browser that you select it in. I usually think much faster than I can talk, much less type.

Back