Model Railroadz

Okay
Here's a few shots to see how well this works. I put this route together rather quickly just as a test of the process.

Mike

model1.jpg

model2.jpg

model3.jpg

model4.jpg

wow, were you just sitting there waiting for me to post. You posted just as soon as I posted the pics. How are you by the way. I hope well.
Mike

wow, were you just sitting there waiting for me to post. You posted just as soon as I posted the pics. How are you by the way. I hope well.
Mike

Yep, I am a Cumberlandtrainz Stalker............. :D
Woke up today and not without shelter, food, and water :wave:

Good to hear that you're doing okay. Will you be giving this model trainz stuff a try. I be interested to see what you come up with.

Nothing new on Cumberlandtrainz lately. I just haven't had the time.
Mike

This new area of the Trainz hobby needs it's own Heading. Like, Screenshots, Freeware, General Trainz, Ect.

I propose it be called Model Trainz.

`

The Cat Mountain & Santa Fe, while this route looks nothing like the CMSF, it is of the same basic design concept, a linear track plan that has the various scenes hidden by backdrops.

Been reading this thread - very cool stuff.
Few more ideas for anyone short on one try this site:

http://www.scarm.info/layouts/track_plans.php

It is a free program for creating model layout plans 2d/3d - check at the bottom of the link page for the N guage layout built onto an Ikea shelf unit - all you need is a roof rack and an Allen key set!

Been toying around with some 2 x 4 benchwork supports. I know this one my be a bit too big, I can size it down, but would anyone be interested in some of these?

Good to hear that you're doing okay. Will you be giving this model trainz stuff a try. I be interested to see what you come up with.

Nothing new on Cumberlandtrainz lately. I just haven't had the time.
Mike

Considering such an adventure, but my interest in Trainz other than just playing it has pretty much disappeared.
I love Model Railroading in real life so this is sparking my interest somewhat...

I proposed something like this over a year ago on a Multiplayer level with time table weekly running, but there was no interest.

If I did anything with 3DSMax, I would be able to do something with those, they are certainly nice buildings, especially the signal tower, it appears to be the old Atlas model done up in 3D.

If I had the funds, it would be a done deal for me.
Easy to export to a compliant TurboSquid In-Game License for Trainz and scale appropriately.

Yes, that is the Atlas Signal Tower. I tried to make at one time but ran into issues my skills could not overcome.

Back