Model Railroading

Hi everybody.
With every respect to VIA6415, he is stating in the community section of this forum in two posting on separate days, that his three PCs are not working and that one is in for service. He also states that he may not carry on with his Trainz projects or video making even when his system is returned, in the forgoing, on the same day as his last posting (that being today 29th June) he posts another model railroad video in this section of the forum in the same way as he has done for the last three days.

Again with every respect VIA6415, perhaps out of respect for this forum and it's members he should explain​ in a coherent manner exactly what is going on, for I am sure many of those members like myself find this whole saga puzzling if not weird.

Bill

Last edited:
Hi everybody.
With every respect to VIA6415, he is stating in the community section of this forum in two posting on separate days, that his three PCs are not working and that one is in for service. He also states that he may not carry on with his Trainz projects or video making even when his system is returned, in the forgoing, on the same day as his last posting (that being today 29th June) he posts another model railroad video in this section of the forum in the same way as he has done for the last three days.

Again with every respect VIA6415, perhaps out of respect for this forum and it's members he should explain​ in a coherent manner exactly what is going on, for I am sure many of those members like myself find this whole saga puzzling if not weird.

Bill

I own a laptop
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?138988-RCW-News&p=1599908#post1599908

Last edited:
Hi again VIA6415 and everybody.
VIA6415, again with every respect, you state in the posting in the community section of this forum (which you post a link to above) that the whole situation in regard to your at present defunct PCs is causing you great stress, which I feel is genuine in the manner of those postings. However, would it not be advisable to perhaps "step back for a few days" and put everything in regard to Trainz, video making and model railway's to one side and relax while you quietly consider what would be in your best interests to the future of it all.

I am genuinely trying to help you in this matter, for as stated you do seem to be very stressed over this problem and as in all things your health consideration has to come first.

As stated I am not trying to troll you or anything else, just genuinely trying to help.
Bill

I got Lazy with Video 49 and wasn't sure what I was doing, Video 50 is in progress and hard to bleave I manged to do a Video a day up to this point. In Video #50 I'm doing a abandon track video this time the idea just poped in wile I was thinking about the PEI trip last weekend.

Last edited:
I enjoy this thread and videos, and I wish I could reach out and help you construct your layout

Use a few drops of liquid dish detergent in tap water, then apply it generously using a sprayer which allows a fine mist. Do not skimp on the amount applied, as the glue/water mixture applied next, used to bond everything in place, will not penetrate where the material has not been sufficiently wetted.
Failure to pre-wet the area adequately is the main cause for Woodland Scenics ballast "floating" when applying the glue/water mixture, and is also the cause of a hardened crust of ballast with still-loose ballast beneath it, discovered only when you vacuum the area after cleaning the rails.

Use 70% Alcohol over the ballast first then ... 8:1 white glue (8 water to 1 glue) before the Alcohol evaporates. The Alcohol breaks the surface tension and the glue flows quickly and disappears as it dries.

Alcohol seemingly works as well, but it costs more and dries more quickly, a problem if you're doing large areas at the same time. It can also, in some instances, remove paint from rails and ties, and discolour nearby painted structures that may get caught in the overspray. This is why I use water with a couple drops of dish detergent, over that of rubbing alcohol

I use a headband magnifier loup, and with a soft brass bristle polishing bush, old toothbrushs, and an X-acto blade, I massage and scrape sticking ballast and ground sawdust off the rails and ties. I find that sawdust, ballast and regular white Elmers glue works better than Wood Glue, and my trusty ol' Windex bottle of water with a couple drops of dish detergent spray, re-wets the Elmers glue, taking a week to dry completely. Carving out wheel groves with an X-acto blade in plaster road crossings makes derailments non-existant

Last edited:
Back