Missing Content - Have To Re-Download

boleyd

Over 700 items are suddenly missing from a route. Early today there were no issues with the route. Repair(S) did not fix.

Earlier I loaded a route from the my backups (CDP). It had over 500 items now labeled as Available for Download.
Did simple Repair and Deluxe Repair but still disappeared and must be re-downloaded. Probably an hour to fulfill the two downloads. Tried power/off/on no fixy. This is so ridiculous it is almost laughable. :'(

As an added element I decoded to look at the download stuff and most of it was not stuff I would have downloaded nor did I recognize it. While each route had the dreaded orange boxes they were much less in number than the Content Manager said I had to download.

Last edited:
I have seen routes and sessions have "ghost" KUIDs in their config. Things I think may have been placed and then removed. The entry was added but not removed? This is somewhat guesswork on my part.

I had a session I downloaded that made me download and entire different route once. The session had two routes as dependencies, but only actually worked on one of them. I had to open the config.txt of the session and manually remove the offending unused route from the KUID table.

Thank god I had an FCT for that download!

Yes, there are some odd moments in Trainz. Given the complexity of the program I have become more acceptable of errors. However, I have trouble overlooking a disaster where even a backup may have problems. If you can survive Trainz and Covid congratulations.
I can sympathize with an addict given how many problems have happened over the years. Sort of like being arrested and, when released, looking for a fix.

Anyhow after extensive downloads both routes look 100% as they did earlier.

Back