Metra Aurora to Chicago (LOTS OF PICTURES)

Wowwowowo! I love that. I knew that I used Metra line to chicago. And Are you planning L Chicago Subway loop?

NKP

That will be added once Im done with the southern suburbs of chicago which lines consist of Metra Heritage Corridor, Metra Rock Islands, Metra Eletric, Metra Southwest Service, and what I am currently working on Metra BNSF Line. Ill add the loop in when I at least get close in finishing a Metra northern Suburban line. Buy then downtown should be done.

Great Route !!!!!!!!!!!!

The area near Hinsdale metra station is about to have safetran signals !!!!!!

You can find pictures of the Metra Stations of the BNSF Aurora Sub at Metra.com !!!!!!!

Oh yea !!!!!!!!!! You might want to change the bridge for the St.Charles Air Line and space the tracks for the wye to the BNSF Aurora Sub !!!!!!!!

There is a bridge like it on the DLS i think !!!!!!!!!!

The top speed on the Line is 80 mph !!!!!!!!

:)

Very nice. I have fond memories of chasing trains on the BNSF Racetrack from Eola to Cicero last year on the final days of the EJ&E. I will really be looking forward to operating on here.

Are you going to include the EJ&E/ CN interchange in Eola and perhaps a sessions operating Metra or BNSF trains? :)

Very nice. I have fond memories of chasing trains on the BNSF Racetrack from Eola to Cicero last year on the final days of the EJ&E. I will really be looking forward to operating on here.

Are you going to include the EJ&E/ CN interchange in Eola and perhaps a sessions operating Metra or BNSF trains? :)
Ehh why not Ill probably add the EJE part once im done with all the other lines. I will add all the freight lines that intersect on all the metra lines for maybe ehh 30 miles out. So it will give a good run for freight.

UPDATE

Right now I am at Downers Grove Fairview Ave. I will post pictures of West Hinsdale, Clarendon Hills, Westmont, and Downers Grove Fairview Ave. once im done with the scenery. But at the moment I am at a standstill I have no clue how the trackage and scenery works for Downers Grove Main street to Aurora. If anyone can help with me I would need track plans or a video look out of the cab car window heading in or out of Chicago then, I would glad to accept and continue working. But right now I have 6 more stations out of 26 stops. So I am more than halfway done with tracks. Scenery ehh just a tad bit more than halfway done. So keep dropping by and I will keep updating you with pictures and infomation on the Racetrack.

Thanks,
Ryan

Right now I am at Downers Grove Fairview Ave. I will post pictures of West Hinsdale, Clarendon Hills, Westmont, and Downers Grove Fairview Ave. once im done with the scenery. But at the moment I am at a standstill I have no clue how the trackage and scenery works for Downers Grove Main street to Aurora. If anyone can help with me I would need track plans or a video look out of the cab car window heading in or out of Chicago then, I would glad to accept and continue working. But right now I have 6 more stations out of 26 stops. So I am more than halfway done with tracks. Scenery ehh just a tad bit more than halfway done. So keep dropping by and I will keep updating you with pictures and infomation on the Racetrack.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hey metraboy !!!!!!!!!!! I had found something that can help you !!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a website for the TRACK DIAGRAMS for the BNSF AURORA SUB !!!!!!

Thank me later with the route !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the link to the site BELOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://web.me.com/willvdv/chirailfan/mmbnsf.html :)

I suppose that since the previous post was made a 12:50pm, that it's only proper to follow up on this marvelous route's comments and praise with one from 3 o'clock am. I do find myself reasonably clear-headed in the early, early, hours of a fresh day. Thus making a comment here as meaningful as intended. Without further to do, I probably should just stop babbling and get to the topic of this comment.

I personally love this route. It's hit's home, it's well done, greatly planed, and greatly carried on. Excuse me, currently being carried on. I enjoy seeing the early to current images so well, that the only thing I hate is that I haven't upgraded to a new simulator to allow me to see the finished product. However, I see the current condition of the route is far from finished. In fact, you still have your work cut out for you. Knowing that, some might give up, but I feel your going to make this work. When you do, it will shine like a freshly painted and released locomotive. So take your time and make it a quality route. It pains me to even say so, it probably was a waste of my time in doing so. You obviously, and naturally, will make it a quality route. If you even released it in it's current condition, it probably would rank as a quality route, even though I'd advise against doing so. Nevertheless, I believe the inspiration is warm, and the passion is just coming. Let it guide you to a lovely product that is doubtfully sure to ensue. Have a ball!

Also, upon hearing you'll be adding the Elgin, Joliet, and Eastern railroad addition, I should probably start skinning some locomotives. By the way, if you need any help with sounds, routes, skins, or Trainz in general, my Private Message inbox is always open. ;)

Cheers,
Joshua

Thank you. ***UPADTE*** This friday I will be taking a trip on the BNSF line for my route. I will be going to Aurora and back just for to see the scenery and trackage. Thanks Tremain for the track charts helped alot so, right now I guess I might work on the scenery. Thanks guys for your kind words and support pictures will probably be up tonight.

Thanks,
Ryan

Thank you. ***UPADTE*** This friday I will be taking a trip on the BNSF line for my route. I will be going to Aurora and back just for to see the scenery and trackage. Thanks Tremain for the track charts helped alot so, right now I guess I might work on the scenery. Thanks guys for your kind words and support pictures will probably be up tonight.

Thanks,
Ryan

Your Welcome metrarailboy !!!!!!! Hey if u need anyother track charts for Metra hit me up !!!!!!!!

Oh yea at the website I gave u also tell u the mile post where the station and signals are located !!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :D :cool: Keep up the great work !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ehh I'm having HDD issues. I manage to save trainz in a nick of time before my HDD crashed. I have a new one now and just working on get my MSTS back. Steve haven't forgotten about you but ATM I'm work on my HDD and the BNSF line. I'm planning on redoing all my yards soon. But right now I'm trying to see how the tracks and surrounding area looks like west of Lisle. I also decide to take my route out towards Galesburg, IL. But since I am not a master at this there are no grades. The route is flat. But give me sometime and I'll keep you posted.

P.S Anyone can import stuff from MSTS to trainz? I have some metra cars that I DO have permission to import into trainz.
Also have been working on a fictional High Speed Line mocks the NEC but that's other crap. I make a new thread for that later.

Last edited:
Back