merging routes

derbydick

Hi all
having not been active for quite a long time i need help,i have just downloaded the yorkshire routes 1-8 please can anyone tell me if they can be merged and if so how is it done please forgive us old ones for be to slow on the uptake
derbydick

(TRS 2004) Install all routes, go to Surveyor, open the starting route you want to merge on to. On top left access the Surveyor menu and go down in it to "Merge Route". Click the route you want to merge and place the to be merged route where it should be added on and repeat for the others :)

Edit* If any route is at a different heigth as the one you use to merge on, add empty baseboard(s) in between to get up/down to merged heigth.

TRS 2006 should be similar (I think, as I rarely use it).

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Last edited:
Hi DD,
Yes they can be merged in either TRS 04 or 06.I have done it in both.
No problem with heights as it was the creators intention they could be merged.Only problem I found was overlapping.In other words the top few baseboards of Part 01 were also the bottom few baseboards of Part 02.From memory this occurred on several of the parts.You have to check very carefully,and delete those baseboards from one part.
HTH Bruce

I loaded part one then merged part two. The merge is already placed correctly so you will see some red areas on the overlapped sections. Cancel the merge and delete a couple of baseboards which appeared as red, then do another merge until no red areas are seen and the two sections seem joined. click merge and wait. Once you have the merged route you will need to connect the track together. Use the midi map and zoom in close to the merge area to find the break in the tracks.
Save the merged route as a different name or else part one will be overwriten. Use this new map to repeat for each other part in the same way but you dont have to rename to save it.

Be careful when merging the Yorkshire Routes 1-8 together. If you merge all the routes together, then when you use the merge route, TRS04/06 will slow right down (almost nearly crashes), even on a high spec PC.

That's what happened to me when I merged Yorkshire Routes parts 1-8 together. It got that bad that I had to delete the merged route to stop TRS04/06 from going extremely slow.

merge routs reply

Hi
many thanks to all of you for taking the time to help its is so geat to know that we have a great community out there, with all the same interest railways.
My interest has been all my life and i am now well over 60 so one can dream and relive the steam days through all our great modelers and the members who take time to help particualy us old uns
Derbydick

Back