Marta CQ312 reskin to DC Metrorail

Gandolf thats awesome, do you have any intentions on releasing it?

Isaac,
There is a Largo, MD, on the Metro Map it is the last stop on the Blue Line and on this outdated map is "under construction" but actually is done by now. Look to the right:
15793988_78cae72b7b.jpg

Davis

I did help with it yes,however I did not do the skin itself,I helped with getting the thing to work,and get the kinks out. h9000 after I got it to work,he did the same.
Also there are various other schemes that he made as well that won't/cant be released due to possible copyright etc. since he took the ads that covered the trains from pictures about the internet(look earlier in the thread for the pictures) Those have never seen the light of day either....

So cant you at least release the one w/o the advertisments or does he just not want to release them?

Davis
It's very confusing. But I have not spoken to him or seen him since this thread was started really.... He made the reskins. And he did so but did not release them because he didn't have permission from Jaleel to do so. I however got my own permission to reskin Jaleel's equipment and have already released my stuff,on the same piece of equipment... I did my own Metro reskins but his blew mine out of the water,since I made them at the very start of my reskinning career. Now I could ask Jaleel again to release these,however I didn't make the skins as previously stated,and I havn't seen Jaleel in a long time either....so there are a lot of obstacles to overcome.

Mike, thats awesome, do you have any intentions on releasing it?
Isaac,
There is a Largo, MD, on the Metro Map it is the last stop on the Blue Line and on this outdated map is "under construction" but actually is done by now.
Davis

Oh, I didn't realise that!

Last edited:
I have not worked with Trainz in a long time. I have been busy with other things. The metro trains were done but cannot really be released without permission from jaleel. The permission for scanned images used is not really an issue because that is probably covered by fair use. I did get permission for some of the issues anyways I believe but my computer crashed and lost all my email. However all my Trainz creations should be intact as they were stored on another pc. Or at least most of it. I made a terrain map of dc and dug trenches to put the metro tunnels in. These can be filled back up once the correct track has been put in which is a bit of an issue finding track that matches. I did have some luck in modifying some track pieces. The main thing is trying to make dual track of the correct width apart (and getting it to work with tunnels etc).
I need help from people to make 3d objects to use on the maps. Metro posts, landmark buildings, metro platforms, etc. I have made the arch from the original stations, but it could be improved. Also I don't have one that would work for transfer stations like Metro Center. I do have some simple platforms I modified to look like metrorail platforms .Elevated rail is another type of track that I don't have a good match for.

I have not worked with Trainz in a long time. I have been busy with other things. The metro trains were done but cannot really be released without permission from jaleel. The permission for scanned images used is not really an issue because that is probably covered by fair use. I did get permission for some of the issues anyways I believe but my computer crashed and lost all my email. However all my Trainz creations should be intact as they were stored on another pc. Or at least most of it. I made a terrain map of dc and dug trenches to put the metro tunnels in. These can be filled back up once the correct track has been put in which is a bit of an issue finding track that matches. I did have some luck in modifying some track pieces. The main thing is trying to make dual track of the correct width apart (and getting it to work with tunnels etc).
I need help from people to make 3d objects to use on the maps. Metro posts, landmark buildings, metro platforms, etc. I have made the arch from the original stations, but it could be improved. Also I don't have one that would work for transfer stations like Metro Center. I do have some simple platforms I modified to look like metrorail platforms .Elevated rail is another type of track that I don't have a good match for.

Its ok take your time with getting permission from jaleel while your waiting for permission the rest of us will create the route. By the way those Metro North Electrified 3rd rails and the washington metro third rails are very similar I'm am trying to find a way to make a cover thats on the thrid rail when the metro trackage is outside of the tunnels. Another thing is that there has to be a way to create the flashing light on the platforms when the train is a 1/4 of a mile away from the station.
Currently I'm working on the Shady Grove Maintaince facility. Problems are being resolved yet I don't know where to get the gmax program for Trainz to create the platforms.

marinemania

Last edited:
Its ok take your time with getting permission from jaleel while your waiting for permission the rest of us will create the route. By the way those Metro North Electrified 3rd rails and the washington metro third rails are very similar I'm am trying to find a way to make a cover thats on the thrid rail when the metro trackage is outside of the tunnels. Another thing is that there has to be a way to create the flashing light on the platforms when the train is a 1/4 of a mile away from the station.
Currently I'm working on the Shady Grove Maintaince facility. Problems are being resolved yet I don't know where to get the gmax program for Trainz to create the platforms.

marinemania

Do you need schematics of the track layout including maintaince facilities?
Track centers are 14' apart on side-by-side track and 36' 10" on track seperated by platforms.

marinemania

It's been a while but I think I was looking at subway track from germany (berlin?) and San Francisco (BART) maps.

Do you need schematics of the track layout including maintaince facilities?
Track centers are 14' apart on side-by-side track and 36' 10" on track seperated by platforms.

I almost forgot that there are small atp boxes inbetween the track at the stations that say 20 mph.

and yes I would like the schematics for the maintaince facilities, and thank for the measurement/the distance between the platform of the island stations and the rail centered platforms

marinemania/Bryan Piedra.

Last edited:
Some skinned objects I did, which I mentioned a while ago in this thread, will look up the original creators and seek permission to upltheoad them.

Oh that right you placed it on page 5 of this thread, hey you should skin the ticket machine afterward so that it has the metro passes icon on it wich I forgot the name to.

marinemania

Last edited:
Back