Marta CQ312 reskin to DC Metrorail

I'm waiting for a clear response from Jaleel for permission to release the Metro reskin. It is done except for one little error in the route display table.
I haven't done much work on the Metro station but have created a test version of the Metro routes running the core of the city. I am trying to find the optimal track to use for the project. I had to make some modified track that ran dual tunnels at the correct spacing.
I have track running from Crystal City to Gallery Place (Yellow) and Capitol South (Blue) as well as Woodley Park to Union Station (Red). Most of the track will need to be replaced with the correct track but I have the basic routes laid out. I also have the track which runs the VRE trains from Union Station to Crystal City. I haven't run the track to National Airport yet but I am experimenting with elevated track there and will need an elevated station.
I've made a model of the Pentagon, I can't remember if I posted a picture of it here. I simulated the Washington Monument by raising the terrain on one point. I've worked some on creating the water for the river, and planted some Japanese Cherries on the Tidal basin. The most important buildings I need for my route are: the Lincoln Memorial, the Capitol, and Union station (I'm using a "Union Station" from another city at the moment"). Oh, and a real Washington Monument. It would also be nice to have the Masonic Lodge in Alexandria near King St Station.

I am working on central Washington in parallel to h9000, hopefully we'll be able to collaborate on this...
Currently I am entirely redoing Union Station:
trainz2007-12-2122-29-08-42.jpg

Last edited:
I'm waiting for a clear response from Jaleel for permission to release the Metro reskin. It is done except for one little error in the route display table.
I haven't done much work on the Metro station but have created a test version of the Metro routes running the core of the city. I am trying to find the optimal track to use for the project. I had to make some modified track that ran dual tunnels at the correct spacing.
I have track running from Crystal City to Gallery Place (Yellow) and Capitol South (Blue) as well as Woodley Park to Union Station (Red). Most of the track will need to be replaced with the correct track but I have the basic routes laid out. I also have the track which runs the VRE trains from Union Station to Crystal City. I haven't run the track to National Airport yet but I am experimenting with elevated track there and will need an elevated station.
I've made a model of the Pentagon, I can't remember if I posted a picture of it here. I simulated the Washington Monument by raising the terrain on one point. I've worked some on creating the water for the river, and planted some Japanese Cherries on the Tidal basin. The most important buildings I need for my route are: the Lincoln Memorial, the Capitol, and Union station (I'm using a "Union Station" from another city at the moment"). Oh, and a real Washington Monument. It would also be nice to have the Masonic Lodge in Alexandria near King St Station.

he's right. u ask Jaleel for permission to send the reskin WMATA Cars on the DLS. almost like I do.

I know its been a while but are there any updates on these? This would be the one project that I would never want to see go down the drain!

By the way I started a Union Station area as well for my Red Line Project

unionstaws9.png

I know there is no lower level for the VRE Platforms but from the Metro, no ones gunna know.

Also skinned some objects.

metrobjerctsum6.png

I know its been a while but are there any updates on these? This would be the one project that I would never want to see go down the drain!

By the way I started a Union Station area as well for my Red Line Project

I know there is no lower level for the VRE Platforms but from the Metro, no ones gunna know.

Also skinned some objects.
Very very nice:D Don't worry he said If I could ask jaleel if he could release them and I will appoint him to this thread....

What programmes did you use to do this reskin?
I've got an amazing reskin of the Marta planned but as im new its taking me a while to work out how to use TOE and gmax.

Sorry to bump this thread but it appears,h9000 abandoned us:(He hasn't signed onto here or TCR since January...So it appears that we are not gonna see these cars,well you guys anyway since I still have the ones I fixed up...Unless someone else makes the metro stations etc as RooRocz has I would say that this project is pretty much dead,and not to expect anything:confused: :eek:

Hey Mike!

Thats ashame :(. I was looking forward. I pmed RooRocz about sending his DC Union Station for me to use on my upcoming NEC route(top on the list). I would really like all this extra stuff, too. I guess ut wasn't meant to be.

Isaac

New Comer

Hey maybe I could take over the project I live within the Washington Metropolitan Region the metro stop near me is shady grove it's the end of the line and a facility plus I ride the metro every chance I get

While I'm at it I just might even include the two newer routes under construction the silver and purple lines Note(the silver line is the route that's going to connect washington with Dulles International Airport, Purple line is a route that wil connect two counties in maryland Howard and Mongomery)

marinemania

Last edited:
Maybe h9000 is trying to make an elevated station for Ronald Reagen airport but that station type requires alot of attetion due to the fact that its a three track elevated with two platforms and one track going through middle and two surounding the platforms also because at each end of the station is a covered walkway to get to and fro the airport the station and the parking lot on the right if your going north on the blueline or the yellowline, maybe this is the reason why h9000 hasn't signed on to tcr or sent any forums to trs2009 Forums

Last edited:
H9000 is long gone now :(

And I've gone off the project. This is a VERY ancient thread. It doesn't matter if you re-open it, it beats creating a new one.

Isaac

This was a good idea and living near to DC myself I really appreciate it but Im afraid (from what I saw) it wasn't near completion and I think anyone who takes over should just start from scratch. I think the hardest part is finding the correct 3rd rail and track as well as tunnels and stations. What is Roco's status on that one station?

Davis

dear h9000 i'm the only person left in the project theres still hope but everyone else has left i'm more than willing to help with this project, if you still want to do the project i'm your man there is a possiblity that this route can get entered into trs2009 (TEE)
p.s. I live very close to the washington metro area which gives me an advantage

marinemania

As do I. If you need anyone to grab you some reference shots both Largo and New Carollton are a short drive a way.

Davis

marta_cq312_art_512.jpg

:eek:
A long time ago,in a land far far away..oops wrong place.:hehe:
But this was the product from h9000. I believe I have the only copy of his work since we were working together on it.

If you have the only copy, and since it was technically partially your creation, and since he is long gone from the forums, maybe you could just release it....?

I might have a go at some stations if I can work GMAX out. The project should live!

Back