Make an Archive

rick1958

Good morning,
Is there any way to download assets without installing them? You used to be able to do this using the FTP, but I understand that has been disconnected now

You can still download the content from the DLS White Pages if you use an FTP client such as Filezilla. You will need to login via the client to the DLS FTP server and there you'll see the content you want to download.

You can also do this if you are using Edge as your browser, do the following:

Click on settings which is found under the three dots in the upper right corner.
Click on Default Browser.
Switch to Internet Explorer.

You can add in specific sites to use IE such as the DLS White Pages, but keep in mind that the link will expire in 30-days.

Check to see if you still have Internet Explorer installed. Normal path was "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

If you do then create a shortcut on your desktop for it and set the home page to be the DLS. Don't use it for anything else.

The Pale Moon Browser still works with FTP at the moment, just checked it, probably won't last for long though.

Thanks guys for the replies. I got pulled away for a couple days. I'll give these suggestions a try. I'd like to make some archive backups of a few favorite creators content for that "just in case" scenario.

Someone else in another thread mentioned Filezilla as another FTP app. I hear ya, I have been exporting creators' assets that are not dependencies just to try to trim the size of my current install (over 1TB now).

Someone else in another thread mentioned Filezilla as another FTP app. I hear ya, I have been exporting creators' assets that are not dependencies just to try to trim the size of my current install (over 1TB now).

Maybe we need a Trainz Downloader Anonymous 12 step program. :hehe:

You got that right WReeder! I could be a charter member! I have over a TB of T:ANE and now over a TB of TRS19. :eek:

Thanks guys for the replies. I got pulled away for a couple days. I'll give these suggestions a try. I'd like to make some archive backups of a few favorite creators content for that "just in case" scenario.

I've been doing that for years, got backups of everything that isn't on the DLS that I've downloaded safely stored on external USB backup drives and backups of all my Trainz versions with their local data.

Back