OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
will not go to driver after saving in edit session

Steve,

Please post your machine specs, drivers, etc., and what you were doing at the time of the error. The error message its self is not helpful to us because we're not programmers.

John

windows 7 ultimate motherboard XFX X58I , CPU I7 2.8
INTEL, 12GIG DDR3 1333, 2 X ATI 5970 ,1200 WATT POWER SILVERSTONE ,
COOLER MASTER FULL TOWER,
I WAS IN SURVEYOR edit session, went to save and go to driver and it hung and from then it would'nt play driver any more nor go into content manager anymore my build is ts2010 sp2 42203
thanks 10.4 DRIVERS running crossfire as well

Last edited:
I have since tried to install 2006 and it installed ok but will not run either,sounds to me as if something is wrong with windows,i will try to uninstall video card drivers see what that does

reinstalled drivers made know difference,reinstalled ts 2010 still made know difference about to reformat computer,one thing i have done with trainz 2010 over the last few days was to install sp2

Sounds very close to what happen to mine. The program just totally crapped out on me. Ended up deleting the entire game, assets, payware and all. I hope Auran enjoys my $50.00.

well i have just reformated the computer ,reinstalled windows 7 all drivers ,reinstalled trainz 2006 ,2009 , 2010 ,now i am copying my local folder over 60 odd gig worth ,i have installed sp1 to 2010 i will not install sp2, i was going to watch 2 and a half men tonight and big bang theory,but the computer come first tonight,i believe now it was sp2 that did it ,and somehow pulled files from system 32 in windows 7 which stuff the normal root directory of some programs as it was not just trainz that would'nt run,so in my view auran should look at this very closely,it seems to be everytime i install sp2 ts2010 i end up reformating my computer and i am sick of it !

Steve,

This sounds more like a crapped up system than just Trainz as you've noted.
Since I run Windows 7 64 Bit with a similar amount of RAM, I can vouch that Trainz did not kill your system! When installing Trainz, ensure that your antivirus is off and all other background programs such as chat programs, media players (QuickTime, etc.), Skype, or any other program is not running. The only thing you want running is the installer. This is the general routine for most any program installations.

When installing and running the program, always use Administrator mode whether you are requested to do so or not. Install the patches the same way, and allow the program to rebuild your Asset database when requested.

When installing SP2, this install will take a very long time. Always let the program do its thing, and find something else to do while your computer is in use by the isntaller. The installer will sit there for quite some time, and will even appear to have hung. During this time the installer is unpacking the files from the archive (compressed download), and interrupting the process at this time will corrupt the program.

John

thanks but i do know how to install a program or two i never have antivirus on when installing or any other program for that matter,i also am using windows 7 64 bit , the fact is my computer didnt stuff up anywhere until it stuffed up in trainz first then the other problems followed,really id like one dollar for every time trainz users have had to reinstall trainz and then update there local or what ever folder to get it back up and running

Steve,

If you think your software install is fine, then check the hardware. Seriously, programs such as Trainz will push the hardware to its limits and bring out any faults that other programs seem to glaze over. I have another program that will also bring the computer faults out. This too is very hardware intensive as it calculates mesh surfaces for landscapes and tree placement.

Memory problems are pernicious, and can be caused by numerous things and cause other problems such as corrupted data. I've had Trainz (older versions) die on my to the desktop randomly after a short time running, but other programs run fine. After much troubleshooting and hair pulling, which seems to hand-in-hand, I had Word croak on me after placing lots of images in it along with pages of text. (As usual this happened in the middle of a major school project that was due the next day!) As a last resort, after changing other components, like my power supply, I ran MemTest86. Immediately I had memory errors. A faulty DIMM was causing problems all along.

So keep this in mind not all software problems are software problems and can be caused by your hardware. I know you'll argue that this is a brand-spankin new machine, but this is usually when the most problems occur which is during the early lifespan of the hardware unless it was burned in.

John

Google StackHash_0a9e and see just how many applications and games have this problem with Win7, it's not a Trainz exclusive error. It's also not a very helpful one as it seems to be a generic "no idea what caused this" message.

Just because Content manager is shown as the application it doesn't necessarily mean that it is the cause, it could be anything else running at the same time.
If it was a bug I suspect many people would be getting the same problem.

I would have checked Event viewer for any error messages before undertaking a reformat, as often a clue to what is going wrong can be found, be it hardware or software.

Back