Madrid-Barcelona-Dakar route

In Mauritania, a standard gauge line runs through the desert to the sea with long ore trains. The locomotives used in the 80s and 90s were GPL 15 and the wagons are rotating gondolas.
On this route I have included a line with two portals and the locomotive is an undecorated GP15 from the DLS. The gondolas are mine and you can download them on my website (Rolling Stock / US).

2023-10-24-123626.jpg

2023-10-24-123739.jpg

Only because it is prototypical and unique, i am looking forward to this, the desert style is missing a lot in Trainz, Well done for the inspiration to make such a theme!
The idea came to me a long time ago and little by little I've done what you see in the screenshots. But as there's always something to perfect, I never publish it, so I've decided to release a beta version this week.

Thanks for commenting. :)

The idea came to me a long time ago and little by little I've done what you see in the screenshots. But as there's always something to perfect, I never publish it, so I've decided to release a beta version this week.

Thanks for commenting. :)
Hello my friend, you are very creative and agreed,

"the desert style is missing a lot in Trainz"

Desert colors can be quite Vibrant when done right, the effect can be stunning.

One sentence the I thought filled the bill.

The Desert may appear lifeless to many, however at certain times of the year, Painted Desert in all it's glory, a remarkable sight to see.

The Route looks so inviting, would like to Rock Hunting,, spelunking to see what Secrets this Desert holds.

Hello my friend, you are very creative and agreed,

"the desert style is missing a lot in Trainz"

Desert colors can be quite Vibrant when done right, the effect can be stunning.

One sentence the I thought filled the bill.

The Desert may appear lifeless to many, however at certain times of the year, Painted Desert in all it's glory, a remarkable sight to see.

The Route looks so inviting, would like to Rock Hunting,, spelunking to see what Secrets this Desert holds.
Well Blue, I think the sunrise and sunset route is pretty.
Secrets? There is a small oasis where you can relax.........

Thanks for commenting my friend. :)

Guys i was wondering why i like so much a simple route as Robe river iron for example, even right now i like to lose my self in the desert sands, Mojave and Sherman Hill also gave me a similar feeling, looking you photos i got that feeling again and realized that is this desert style finally that i like and it is rare, we have many routes with mountains, lakes, forests, so we need an alternative. Take your time to make this route the way you have it in your mind, i know that when it will be released it will be a great addition. Also one thing i have to mention is that such routes provide good visibility to view your Train and good performance because mainly the trees are missing.

Last edited:
Land Rover Defender US...........

2024-01-09-182141.jpg

2024-01-09-182223.jpg

2024-01-09-182300.jpg
Javier, You knocked out of the Ball Field, home run for sure! Always thought if I ever one the Lotto, just a little bit of money, I would buy a Land Rover. Well that was not meant to be, however decades later, I get a better deal. A stand out Asset I would be proud to add to a Route. ;) (y)

Good morning, I have posted two 80s Driveables Rally Land Rover for the route that I will be posting shortly.
You must charge the vehicle (pilots, water, spare tire, etc.) in engineer mode and to activate or turn off the dust effect
(courtesy of our colleague Manuel), in driving mode click on the bell.
It takes an invisible track at ground level for you to see it work. Download on the Driveable Vehicles subpage of my website.

Enjoy them.

2023-02-26-153060.jpg

2024-01-09-181856.jpg

Javier, You knocked out of the Ball Field, home run for sure! Always thought if I ever one the Lotto, just a little bit of money, I would buy a Land Rover. Well that was not meant to be, however decades later, I get a better deal. A stand out Asset I would be proud to add to a Route. ;) (y)
The Land Rover US is dedicated to you my friend, I hope you like it.

Hugs, Javier ;)

Blue, maybe try a re-download of the 120? Mine came down OK. The .rar file is 5,811 KB, and the vehicle itself is 2,271KB

Back