Looking for the best options to upgrade for decent running of TANE and TS12

Enzo1

Offends by example
Hi fellows, I'm looking into upgrading from my ancient PC to a new one providing better running of both TANE and TS12 as I regularly use both.
These are my current specs:
Intel i5-3350P 3.10GHz
16GB of RAM
NIVIDA GTX 960
2TB Segate HDD 7200RPM

I am looking to see what would be recommended for best performance in terms of Processor, GPU, and RAM combination. I prefer to stay Intel NVIDIA as it is now.

Which is more important for TS12? RAM, HDD and Processor, or GPU and processor?
Which is more important for TANE?

Thanks for any help here!

i7 CPU
Wait on GPU, 1080s will be going down in price when the next model comes out, soon
16GB of RAM is more than sufficient
Buy a 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD or M.2 900 series if your new MoBo supports it.

Move all your content/creations to T:ANE, and dump TS12. You won't look back, or regret doing this.

Take a look at this link, I think it has some good discussions in regards to all components concerned......

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?113153-TANE-Hardware-Discussion

Also I agree on leaving TS-12 to TANE for a multitude of reasons, the most important to me, is I can run much larger Routes than I could ever run in TS-12, and your looking at 64 byte strength, to 32 byte, makes quite a difference..........

You'll find that Graphics is the most important of the 3 (HG-RAM_GPU) then ram, finally HD, I think the largest complaint is Stuttering or loss of Frames when operating Trainz in my humble opinion.

Back